Barbados in May 3m or 5mm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barbados Blue or West Side Scuba are both great and do shout if you need any restaurant selections been going every 18 months or so for over 15 years
That’s brilliant. I provisionally booked my diving with Seahorse Divers Barbados. They seem to take only certified divers which is a plus. It’s very close to where I am staying which is nice as well+ good reviews. But I might try other places too. Shout out any recommendations you might have. I will be staying at Bougainvillea Barbados

That’s brilliant. I provisionally booked my diving with Seahorse Divers Barbados. They seem to take only certified divers which is a plus. It’s very close to where I am staying which is nice as well+ good reviews. But I might try other places too. Shout out any recommendations you might have. I will be staying at Bougainvillea Barbados
We stayed at Bouganvillea last time for a week, its a good location close to everything but not too busy, we then moved to an apartment and then on to The Arches. There is a beer shop 100 metres down the road which is a friendly afternoon stop for a banks or two.

Seahorse are close to where you are staying and a small operation but will be flexible, although not sure whether they do nitrox. Make sure they take you up to the Strav and up to the cement factory pier at Maycocks.

I would strongly recommend getting a car when you are there as it really opens up the island, taxis are expensive and having a drink after dinner and then driving home is tolerated, drivers that have had a drink just drive slowly

Here are some the restaurants that we keep going back to:-

Top End Restaurants:-

Primo - Italian
Champers - Mix - great location, location better than food
Cafe Luna - Mix - Best value top end restaurant, second estuary we book
Cliff - Need deep pockets, star spotting potential
La Cabane - A must do, first restaurant we book
Naru - Japanese
Tapas
Cala Roca
Lone Star - Deep pockets, star spotting potential
Mullins Beach Bar - Premier league footballer possibility
Sea Shed

Mid Range
Shakers Bar & Grill - really good value
Surfers Cafe - Oistins
Surfers Bay Beach Bar - South Point area

Cheaper stops
Cuz's Fish Shack - Only day time
Blakeys Bar
Barbados Cruising club - Pebbles
Pepper Jacks
The boatyard club - beach club
Juma's
Uncle Georges in Ositin fish market
DeadHop Brewing - craft beer brewery linked to the husband of one of the instructors on Barbados blue

I hope this helps

Just to add that we have not eaten in the cliff, far too expensive but have always wanted to

I just got back from Barbs, nice place!

Went diving with a local guide Malcolm Clarke. He organised a 2x dive boat trip for my only day off from work.

Had a lovely time.
I wore a 2mm long wetsuit, no gloves or hood and was toasty warm.

Water temp was 27°C / 80°F on Dottins Reef and the sky was cloudy.

Oh and I can totally recommend the ribs at The Cliff restaurant… totally worth the money!

Oh and I can totally recommend the ribs at The Cliff restaurant… totally worth the money!

Hmmm, everyone recommends it but just can't wear long trousers when in Barbados so they will not let me in :) Also like to find an excuse not to pay £400 a meal and drinks for 2, unless I can get someone else to pay :cool:

We stayed at Bouganvillea last time for a week, its a good location close to everything but not too busy, we then moved to an apartment and then on to The Arches. There is a beer shop 100 metres down the road which is a friendly afternoon stop for a banks or two.

Seahorse are close to where you are staying and a small operation but will be flexible, although not sure whether they do nitrox. Make sure they take you up to the Strav and up to the cement factory pier at Maycocks.

I would strongly recommend getting a car when you are there as it really opens up the island, taxis are expensive and having a drink after dinner and then driving home is tolerated, drivers that have had a drink just drive slowly

Here are some the restaurants that we keep going back to:-

Top End Restaurants:-

Primo - Italian
Champers - Mix - great location, location better than food
Cafe Luna - Mix - Best value top end restaurant, second estuary we book
Cliff - Need deep pockets, star spotting potential
La Cabane - A must do, first restaurant we book
Naru - Japanese
Tapas
Cala Roca
Lone Star - Deep pockets, star spotting potential
Mullins Beach Bar - Premier league footballer possibility
Sea Shed

Mid Range
Shakers Bar & Grill - really good value
Surfers Cafe - Oistins
Surfers Bay Beach Bar - South Point area

Cheaper stops
Cuz's Fish Shack - Only day time
Blakeys Bar
Barbados Cruising club - Pebbles
Pepper Jacks
The boatyard club - beach club
Juma's
Uncle Georges in Ositin fish market
DeadHop Brewing - craft beer brewery linked to the husband of one of the instructors on Barbados blue

I hope this helps

Thanks you so much! That’s some list 😂 I’ll report in June.

I just got back from Barbs, nice place!

Went diving with a local guide Malcolm Clarke. He organised a 2x dive boat trip for my only day off from work.

Had a lovely time.
I wore a 2mm long wetsuit, no gloves or hood and was toasty warm.

Water temp was 27°C / 80°F on Dottins Reef and the sky was cloudy.

I have 3mm on the way so expect it to be just right. Thanks

I know its scary and they were only the ones top of mind, too many trips to the island

Cheers mate. I’ll make good use of your past experiences 😜

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom