Tiger Woods and FreeDiving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnoly:
Tiger Woods is a fellow spearo. !

I hear he's going to have a Riffe logo next to the Nike one on his hats. :D

JeffG:
He is also a certified cave diver. (IIRC, it might be cavern, though)
Full Cave. He took the full cave in a week course..

Matt

Corigan:
Full Cave. He took the full cave in a week course..

Matt

I would bet he's pretty into it and is good at it judging how he plays golf. Non golfers may laugh at this concept but keeping a cool head and sinking a 15 foot putt on the 18th of the final day at the Masters requires as intense a level of concentration as any diving.

freediver:
Just spear it.:D

He'll probably be stoning 200 lb tuna from 30 feet in blue water. the guy is intense. :wave-smil

Hank49:
I would bet he's pretty into it and is good at it judging how he plays golf. Non golfers may laugh at this concept but keeping a cool head and sinking a 15 foot putt on the 18th of the final day at the Masters requires as intense a level of concentration as any diving.

Now that's he's got all that free diving training, he'll be able to hold his breath while making that put? Do you exhale or inhale when you swing.....:D

DiveGolfSki:
I know he can drive the ball over 350 yds... but 100 ft 4 minute free dives?

Having done the same Performance Freediving course that Tiger did, I'd be willing to bet that he's making 100 ft dynamic free dives, probably average about 1.2 to 1.5 minutes long. And completely separate 4 minutes static breath holds, at the surface.

These are good freediving abilities, but about one third of our class pulled them off too.

100' for 4 minutes? Martin Stepanek, one of their instructors and world record holders can probably pull that off, but few others would.

Chad

Chad Carney:
Having done the same Performance Freediving course that Tiger did, I'd be willing to bet that he's making 100 ft dynamic free dives, probably average about 1.2 to 1.5 minutes long. And completely separate 4 minutes static breath holds, at the surface.

These are good freediving abilities, but about one third of our class pulled them off too.

100' for 4 minutes? Martin Stepanek, one of their instructors and world record holders can probably pull that off, but few others would.

Chad

Hmmm, guess the interview was taken out of context ... either that or he was trying to impress Kelly Tillman. They were bantering about Stanford vs Duke during the interview (TW: Standord always beats Duke at golf, KT: that's not a real sport like basketball .... something to that effect). The testosterone was flowing ....:D

Oh BTW, he did mention about run-ins with Sharks ....

Now that you mentioned it, I'm going to pace off those drives ....:05:

Back
Top Bottom