Time to Kill in Raja Ampat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My good friend and current dive buddy just got back from a trip like this - he loved it. They did 10 days. He talked about the repetitive food, but he loved the naturalness of the surroundings, and how the accommodations afforded easy access to the environment. They did a lot a lot of kayaking, I think the least they did was 12 km/day, and the most was around 26km.

I think my kayaking days are behind me. I had hip replacement operation recently, and I am quite tall, so bundling that hip up for days at a time would not be something I would look forward to. Also, I think I need aircon everyday in RA. And the distances they go are far too much for me.

- Bill
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the info- it's nice to hear about someone's personal experience. Especially in remote areas such as Indo. I can paddle the distance and camp without A/C. Group dynamics is always my biggest concern.....

Cathi

Hi Mike,

Which trip length did you do? Do you know of any trip reports on this operation? I looked at the website but am interested to read guest's experience.

Thanks!
There were just 2 of us, no group to worry about. We went without a guide, just a map to cruise around at our own pace. Kayaks are fantastic, well made ocean going kayaks made by Max Ammers crew right there in the Dampier Strait. The kayaks all have dry storage etc and are very light and easy to paddle. So much to see in the area, i think 3 days would be plenty

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom