Tinnitus ramps up, no reason

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know that they talk about this lack of neural stimulation but I can hear plenty and do, plus all of the tinnitus providing chorus . . . It seems like a goofy diagnosis to me.

I hear good too. But the loss of frequency on both ends, your brain is not getting that stimulation. Your brain is hunting for a signal it is not getting so it makes one up for you.

With my new hearing aids in I do hear sounds that I had forgotten, like the rattle of my Mac keys as I type this post. Lots of little sounds like that were missing and the brain tries to fill that void in. And my just released crystal Led Zep reissue album sounds better than ever (might have something to do with my hearing issues :eek:).

I hear good too. But the loss of frequency on both ends, your brain is not getting that stimulation. Your brain is hunting for a signal it is not getting so it makes one up for you.

With my new hearing aids in I do hear sounds that I had forgotten, like the rattle of my Mac keys as I type this post. Lots of little sounds like that were missing and the brain tries to fill that void in. And my just released crystal Led Zep reissue album sounds better than ever (might have something to do with my hearing issues :eek:).

I don't have a Mac but I can still hear the tip tap on my cellphone as I type. 😄

Yeah John Bonham did it to me and AC/DC and machines and people blowing air on boats

I'll be sorry at 4 in the morning but who cares I did it to me I did it my way

I'll be sorry at 4 in the morning but who cares I did it to me I did it my way

Dang, that is too deep!

You know, those bubbles exploding by your ears from single hose regulators make something in the range of 110+ decibels which is more than enough to damage hearing and cause tinnitus. Thus DH regulators.

I use a hood to prevent the bubbles from going into my ears.
It is not the going into but the going by the ears. I use a hood too and the hood does help attenuate the bubble explosions but not completely. Perhaps with a thicker hood. I use ear plugs and a swim cap when I do my three to four miles a week lap swimming for the same reason. Without the plugs, my ears ring from my exhalations.

Back
Top Bottom