Tinnitus ramps up, no reason

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeez I never knew that --- :skull:

Yes, it's a relatively common noted potential side effect.

I only know this as was prescribed them a few weeks back, the minute I discovered that I stopped taking them.

24 hours drinking gallons of water, no change as yet🤦‍♂️ I'll keep at it for a week.

Damn - I've been taking ibuprofen for a few days .. maybe a correlation!!!???

You said that yours was more noticeable for a couple of weeks, yet you'd only been taking ibuprofen for a couple of days. I wonder whether ibuprofen is NOT a factor in your case.

I quit the ibuprofen and the noises in my head have quietened down by about half.

I have not noted any correlation with scuba diving and my (mild) tinnitus. I did visit a doctor and audiologist and do have hearing aids in route. My tests show hearing loss at low frequencies and high frequencies mostly above 10,000 hertz. My mid-range is still normal, go figure :no:. There is an aging componet of course but most of us, especially guys, like to play with things that make a lot of noise or worked in environments that were noisy and in years past not so much attention was paid to hearing protection. In my next life I will endeavor to use hearing protection and sunscreen, ha!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom