Tinnitus ramps up, no reason

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I come inside from the din, there be peace within

but well no, it never ever lets go, once tinnitus, gets in
suffer it let it slide, no more music just makes it worse
nerves in your ear go sever, can not hear what a curse
your mind helps it hide, has it stay inside push it aside
hey come hide in here from din all that's left is suicide

Well I come inside from the din, there be peace within

Yeah under 15 minutes, and watching TV, now back to the usual programme of hissing etc

Ha ha ah ha hahah ha ha ha ha ha ah hah hah ugh fart

Damn you. I hadn't been noticing it much but now you've gone and done it by mentioning it again.

Loud af again!

Here ya go lovey found another picture of you

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

Happy birthday!

First day with my new hearing aids, just got them a few hours ago. Hmmm, well, the tinnitus is much reduced and the units are not even set for tinnitus relief. It will take some getting used to wearing them but my hair at least covers the darn things so they are invisible. I just have to remember to remove them when swimming, diving, motorcycling, shooting and blowing stuff up:gas:.

Would it not be lovely if these things could be programmed to block out certain external sounds, like nagging and, you know, stuff like that sorta :wink:.

First day with my new hearing aids, just got them a few hours ago. Hmmm, well, the tinnitus is much reduced and the units are not even set for tinnitus relief. It will take some getting used to wearing them but my hair at least covers the darn things so they are invisible. I just have to remember to remove them when swimming, diving, motorcycling, shooting and blowing stuff up:gas:.

Would it not be lovely if these things could be programmed to block out certain external sounds, like nagging and, you know, stuff like that sorta :wink:.
When you want to avoid the nagging you have to have them OUT :wink:

When you want to avoid the nagging you have to have them OUT :wink:
Nope, my hearing is still plenty good for that. My mid range is normal and my low frequency is only slightly below normal range and HF only drops off (a cliff) above 10,000 hrtz.

It is my understanding that getting hearing aids early in the tinnitus game prevents further neural decline from inactivity and loss of stimulation which is the reason for the tinnitus. I may not be saying that exactly right.

Nope, my hearing is still plenty good for that. My mid range is normal and my low frequency is only slightly below normal range and HF only drops off (a cliff) above 10,000 hrtz.

It is my understanding that getting hearing aids early in the tinnitus game prevents further neural decline from inactivity and loss of stimulation which is the reason for the tinnitus. I may not be saying that exactly right.
I know that they talk about this lack of neural stimulation but I can hear plenty and do, plus all of the tinnitus providing chorus . . . It seems like a goofy diagnosis to me.

Mine has subsided a lot. Molar tooth pulled last week...used Ibuprofen and tinnitus was LOUD. Switched to Aleve and it cut WAY down....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom