Tinnitus ramps up, no reason

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, I

Yes,I knew that but in the sterility of the www of defaulted. I also misread drive for dive. Regardless, of the correct pronouns the, ringing I hope has gotten back to normal.

In my first post, I was indeed "driving" not "diving" when the tinnitus ramped up.

I'm not sure that "diving" even has anything to do with my tinnitus, though it probably hadn't helped. Perhaps that's why I have such a chorus going on, tone above tome whistles and buzzes and ocean sounds, radio static and the sound of dead air on a landline telephone. Each ear is musically different too. It can keep me entertained.

Sometimes it's a bit like trying to catch and hold sight of a floater on your eye.

Weird -mine too. seems much louder/more noticeable for the past week or two.

I presume my tinnitus is because I have worked HP gas systems, shot guns, worked in US Navy ship engine rooms, and been a diver for decades.

I presume my tinnitus is because I have worked HP gas systems, shot guns, worked in US Navy ship engine rooms, and been a diver for decades.

I can identify zero possible causes, thought it might be benzo protracted withdrawal but as time passes I'm beginning to question that.

Oh well, here's hoping it again fades into the background. Quickly😞🙏🏻

Hope yours quietens down soon too.

Tinnitus is a major problem for the DOD as many coming back from war zones are collectively claiming it. It seems that more is unknown about it than known. I've had it since the early 80's from a barotrauma injury. It does seem to get temporarily worse when I'm diving.

About 6 years ago I got hearing aids and they seem to help me ignore it. My hearing aids do not have the special tinnitus blocker option. Maybe give them a try. I also try to wear noise blocking foam 32Db ear plugs when on my motorcycle/road noise, loud noise environments and skydiving. They help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom