Titan vs. Atomic Z2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i have a set of titan lx's and don't have any complaints, but i would switch to atomics if i could afford it at the moment ... damn all those other scuba toys i keep playing with

I love my Z2. Had it down to 105' in 54 degrees (not so bad) and it breathed the same as 20' in 68 degree water.

Love the thing.

i have a set of titan lx's and don't have any complaints, but i would switch to atomics if i could afford it at the moment ... damn all those other scuba toys i keep playing with

I own both a Titan LX and an Atomic B2 and I dive them together either on doubles or with the Titan on a pony. To me, there is no difference in performance. In all honesty, I can't say I've ever noticed much difference in breathing performance that isn't the result of a tuning or maintenance issue. In fact, I know a guy who's a bit of an engineering nerd and loves regs. He has designed and built his own and owns about 50+ units at any one time. The same guy did the Doria on Mares Rebels by choice. Regs are just very good overall these days and we as consumers are lucky to have lots of great choices.

The reason I bought the B2 (and I will be buying a 2nd) is for the hose configuration options and I got a smoking deal on it from my LDS. Were it not for the latter, I probably would have bought either a SP MK17 or MK25. Aside from that, I love my Titan. It's been extremely reliable, breathes well and is more widely serviceable should it ever be an issue.

I just picked up my Z2 and set it up. I put the Titan Octo. on my new 19 cu. ft. pony tank. This will be the first time to dive with a pony but after my equipment exchange for DM class and the other student didn't want to release the reg. I began to think about OOA situation with another diver. If my buddy and I both are diving and come close to OOA then who do I share with? MY pony.

Congrats for getting a Z2!

I'm real close now in picking up a B2.

I just picked up my Z2 and set it up. I put the Titan Octo. on my new 19 cu. ft. pony tank. This will be the first time to dive with a pony but after my equipment exchange for DM class and the other student didn't want to release the reg. I began to think about OOA situation with another diver. If my buddy and I both are diving and come close to OOA then who do I share with? MY pony.

You will love the B2, I should have bought one of these before I bought all those other regs that I am now selling.

Doing a practice pool dive today just to check everything out. I can't wait to take the Z2 beyond the 60ft level and feel the difference between regs.

I wish we had a local pool like they do in Europe, I forget what country: the pool is over 100 deep and has little coves at different levels. I would get a membership to dive there.

I would love to test equipment, get deep experiences and practice whatever I wanted in the deep
blue chlorine. Get someone to sponsor a deep pool.

Back
Top Bottom