TLS SE 350 Versus CNSE ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went with the CF200x about a year ago. Close to 3k for the custom fit, undergarment, etc. It seems to be pretty bullet proof, as I have about 125 dives on it, and am not very nice to it in general!

My dive buddy just got one as well, but he went with the FLx 50/50. It is trilam on top and Crushed Neo on the bottom. Seems a bit more comfortable for moving around. Price on that was about the same, but he was able to fit in an off the rack size, and saved a bunch that way.

All that said, it sure helps to be able to try on multiple suits. Aren't there any DUI events in your area you could check out before deciding? For that matter, any SCUBA shows where DUI is showing product would be a good thing as well!

DUI is having a dog days event on the Oregon coast this friday, a little far for me to drive though. Yes the TLS SE is the bare bones option, but still pretty steep for me considering I do most of my diving in the tropics. I looked at getting into a Bare Nex-Gen, those seem alright and they're a lot less expensive, but I figure the DUI will last forever and has a good reputation. There's also the USIA but frankly it just doesn't look that quality. I'm sure you can do any modifications you'd like to a DUI suit as long as you're willing to pay for it. Rimp if you want I can call the dive shop and ask how much the TLS front entry is with discount. Let me know.

Rimp:
Does that waste adjustment option replace the suspenders maybe?

I had to read that sentence a few times before I got it ... somehow it evoked this image of a drysuit with a "back door" like the old-style long johns ... :11:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Rimp:
The suit is actually the SE model. It is rear entry, no suspenders.. pretty bare boned, but it's a DUI.

Does that waste adjustment option replace the suspenders maybe? I wonder if its possible to add suspenders to it?
No, the waist adjustment does not replace the suspenders. I was lucky as I had an old bilam that was given to me. I cut off the Turbo Soles and the suspenders and glued them to the new suit. The suit fit much better with suspenders, and I prefer Turbos over RockBoots.
I did 3 dives on a 1 day boat trip in the TLS SE before I decided to cut the suspenders out of the other suit. It worked okay, but was a pain with the top down. You could get a comfort ring and leave the suit on and zipped and you might get along okay that way. It'll save you some money anyway and you can add suspenders later.
Good luck.
Dive safe.
Robert

funkyspelunker:
what are Turbos?
Basically just flat plastic soles. They are glued onto the bottom of the sock. I didn't have to change fin sizes with them. With rockboots you need larger finpockets.

funkyspelunker:
Oh, those are the built in boots that are attached to the legs of the suit then? or just a sole on the socks themselves?
Hard to explain so I found a picture from the net. You can see them on the socks of the suit. They are glued to the sock.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom