To Dive Keys This Weekend> decide today!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aucilla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I hope to be diving in the Keys this weekend! I have a long-planned trip, but only the dates in mind. I have no reservations or boat picked out, but want to dive a lot on Friday and Saturday, including a night dive.

I would appreciate any suggestions as to dive operators and motels/hotels.

Also, I would love to know of any web sites that have visability information posted so I can see what the situation is there, after the hurricane. :06: If I come to believe it is a lot worse than the best it can be, maybe I should go to West Palm instead. :06: :06:

I have little experience diving South Florida, even though I grew up down there. So your advice will be very much appreciated!

Thanks.

Should I stay or should I go. :dazzler1:

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn ($99/night) and like it. I'd stay there again. Not brand new, but nice and clean. Dive boats in the onsite marina within walking distance. (reservations suggested for the Holiday Inn).

Stayed last week at Bayside Resort and dove with Quiessence Diving. Like both very much and would dive with them again. They dive smaller 6 packs boats, which the disadvantage is the smaller boat, but the advantage is no crowds. We passed an Amoray Slate dive boat and it was such as cattle boat I couldn't belieive it. They had to have had 40 or more divers on board. (Yes divers, not snorklers).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom