To go for AOW or not

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks to everyone for your feedback and comments. The briefings I received before and after each dive where very thorough. The shop is a 5-star PADI and does everything by the book and beyond. (In other words, they run a tight ship and shop.) It all went well. And my course instructor briefed me before I got on the boat.

I'm a happy diver. And I do realize that even though I've passed the course, that as with anything, practice and review is what will make me better. It's kinda like with age comes wisdom. So, I'm in the process of getting in as much practice as possible with only top notch shops/charters.

Thanks again.
Joy
:scubadive:

Joy I am glad we all could help. Its good you did the research. Keep us up to date how it goes!

Ok Joy sorry just went back and re read the post. Diving is recreational and meant to be fun. Take the courses as you wish. Its all about having fun so if you are comfortable with taking the courses like that then go for it! by the number of dives you have its inspirational you keep going with it!

So many times I see divers get certified for a big vacation to the bahamas or Hawaii. Do their trip and hang up their fins. Im not the most informative diver out on the waves but anytime you need advice Id be happy to try to help :)

:wave:

congratulations!!!

:wave:

and happy diving!
cheers..

Do you honestly believe that you will be an "advanced" diver after these dives?

I wouldn't do it -- this place sounds like a joke. Go get some real instruction...

I have to agree with SparticleBrane. My instructors are always more than willing to just go dive without being in a class. 30 feet or 90 feet or more, but do to my instruction i have had from my instructors is the reason i absolutely love diving. Definitely find some better instructors.

Congrats! But what does it mean to have a flattened piece of petroleum by-product with permanent ink [spelling your name, aow padi] splashed all over it with insufficent skills or experience to back it up? DING DING DING DING!! A RICHER DIVE SHOP.... yippeee...

Back
Top Bottom