To Pee Or Not to Pee (in your wetsuit)? That is the question!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For most divers, the need to pee tends to increase due to the physiological changes as your body draws blood from the extremities to your core. Also take into account the amount of hydrating one does throughout the day pre, during, and post diving. I tend to get a bit sea sick so the last place I want to be in is the head on a smaller boat. Plus getting in and out of a wet wetsuit can make it not worth all the effort. So I make sure that before I come up on the boat, I get alot of water in my wetsuit and "flush" it out. With the amount of water I tend to drink, there really isn't much "smell" and I always soak my wetsuits well after the dives. It's a natural thing, but I don't seem to have as much of a need when I am diving in a semi-dry or dry suit.

I think the only person who cares about the issue is the one who has to rent a wetsuit. That is why I bought mine from the beginning!

Carolyn:shark2:
PS: when you hit a thermocline, it's the fastest way to warm up while you work your way through it!

I get a forbidden notice when I try to access GirlsWhoGoDown.com.

When I accessed GirlsWhoGoDown a few years ago I got a registered letter from my first wife's lawyer.

:shocked2:

EDIT: Oh, you were referring to a website! Sorry...

Go ahead and pee, I don't care. Its your suit isn't it?

Besides when its cold that's a great way to quickly warm up.
Don't do that!
I might be the next owner of your wetsuit:no:

Go ahead and pee, I don't care. Its your suit isn't it?

Yes it IS my suit, and don't worry, no one will be wearing it except tme . . . By the time I'm done diving it, there will be nothing left except a pee smell and a few tattered shards of Aqua-sealed neoprene . . . . :)

Last edited:
Hey! I like your website!!

I dive wet in the cold water too and have picked up a few tricks along the way.

You should really start hydrating days before you dive....not just that morning. When you are hydrated well, the pee smell is considerably less. But, since I layer a .5 mm full, 3mm hooded vest, 7mm farmer jane, and 7mm long sleeve shorty.... There is no flushing in 50 degree water.
I couldn't flush the bottom layer if I tried.

So, what I do is bring 3 large thermoses of HOT water. I usually get the hot water from the local cafe coffee machine when we're having breakfast. Even the last thermos at the end of the day is still hot. Anyhoo, after a dive, I rinse with some hot water. 3 large thermoses can last 3 dives on Lake Huron. And I even drink a lot of the hot water to keep my core warm.
I also have baby wipes in my dry bag. They are awesome for the end of the day if no shower is available.

I really, really hate the stinky pee smell.

However, I love to dive more.

And of course, sink the stink is my friend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom