To Pee Or Not to Pee (in your wetsuit)? That is the question!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do. I have a front load washer (so no agitator) and add a little soap and a lot of fab softener (use cold water only). Put booties, gloves, suit and hood in... I have the best smelling and softest suit around. I have been doing this for a while and no extra wear. SNUGGLE.... LOL

3 mins. in cold water and my bladder is in misery. Nature takes over. A big help in eliminating the pee is invert, pull the neck out on the wetsuit and vent your exhaust up through the suit.:D
Love the Screen-name! :eyebrow:

I baptized my 3mil for the first time this last Jan at Coz. I held off for years. Was really wierd at first. I thought divers where watching me. One thing I picked up was the flush. Every once in a while the people I would dive with would pull on their neck seals: the flush manoeuvre. I had always wondered why they where tugging on the seal. I always thought they where just hot. Gotta admit I used to take up time worrying about having a wiz before getting on the boat. NOT ANY MORE.LOL

One other thing about this, my drysuit. I had a heated yack a long time ago about the valve vs diapers. Well I tried the diaper I couldn't go. So I praticed at home in the tub. Now thats wierd. Gotta do it slow or ya flood the sides. Finally got it right. Just like everyone says if your really watered up it doesn't reek to bad. I just gotta figure out how to get that sucking my thumb feeling to go away.

Well if you must know I dive almost every week in the warmer months and tend to let it flow sometimes. With a full 5mm / wool liner it picks up the smell very fast. After each day of diving let the suit sit in vinegar water over night then a quick spray with a wet suit anti smell stuff. Air dry till my next dive and I'm good to go. It works well but I have cut down on my need to pee due to the extra work. In a 3mm shorty it's easy to add water to rinse. :D

just got out of the water...it's 36*...was in for 1 1/2 hrs......2pc 6.5 mil
yeah , i pee in my wetsuit !!! copious and clear...rinse with warm thermos water after.
life is good!!!!!

While I'm not fond of peeing in my wetsuit, diving cool water in a "Holy Wetsuit" leaves me little choice since I try to stay very hydrated. However, I just "christened" my new wetsuit on a 75 minute dive this weekend.

When I'm warm, I usually don't pee except on long dives. We had surface water temps of 79 F for several weeks back in the summer of 2006 and I went over 100 dives without peeing. Don't ask me why I kept track of that, but I did.

...We had surface water temps of 79 F for several weeks back in the summer of 2006 and I went over 100 dives without peeing. Don't ask me why I kept track of that, but I did.

Scientific data collection? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom