Tobermory Trip Report for Dorks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OOOHHH sounds like TG was having a good time...

Was that goofiest picture of me that you could find? Did you notice you're in the background wearing shorts?

I created a song I named Cupcake, Queen of the Dorks which will be appearing on a DVD I'm putting together of all the pictures. So now you have a song named after you! :D You can even claim to be the inspiration if it floats your boat, or warms your oatmeal. :D

Also, I've not settled on "Cupcake" as a my little pet name for you. I know I will forever be your little kumquat, and I want to find a suitable name for you. After all, who doesn't like citrus (note to readers, kumquats are small citrus fruits :wink:)! And while everyone likes cupcakes, and it is also a member of the food group, I know your feelings towards the cupcake. So, moving on...

Wow. I guess the coffee kicked in...

Yes, that is the dorkiest picture of you I could find. I even had to go to the effort of stealing it from Adam's facebook album. I was looking through his album and I almost spit coffee all over the keyboard. That would have been good...

Is the song instrumental only? I fear what might happen if you actually sing... :D

Coffee is doing nicely. Seems extra forte today. :D

The song is instrumental only, your ears are safe. :D I put it together using GarageBand (http://www.apple.com/ilife/garageband/). Creating a song in GarageBand is a little like writing a report by using copy-paste, so don't expect to hear Cupcake, Queen of the Dorks topping the Billboard Top 40! Actually, GarageBand can do a lot more than I made it out to be, but it's been years since I played an instrument, and I'm not exactly a composer - so copy-paste gets me music! :D Your song is primarily synthesizer, something that might be called electronic or club, with a little latin beat thrown in.

Well, someone needs to attend to laundry (does it seem like I'm always doing laundry???) and the lawn. Since Snoop, American Idol, Sony aren't exactly knocking my door down to tap my incredible musical prowess...ahh, I'll shut up and fold some shirts. :wink:

Shirts folded. Now waiting on the the next load out of the dryer before I attack the grass, so more time to work on the pictures.

Is everyone happy to know my laundry status? Whites are in the wash. On deck are towels, sheets, jeans, and a load of darks which includes that shirt I'm wearing the picture TG posted of me (thank you Adam! :D). See, this post does actually relate to the thread because I'm doing the laundry from the trip! :D Should I switch to decaf?

Warm milk?!?!??!?? What, are you trying to put me to sleep?

On a more serious note, I'm looking for pictures. In putting together the topside photos I noticed a few gaps in our photo-journal documentary. I don't have pictures of Ira & Kendall, Tracy, the Capt'n, the dive shop, or our dive shop staff (including the chipmunk that nearly gave Bruce a coronary). I'm looking for pictures in the normal human state, not underwater or in dive gear. However, we did manage to get a picture of the first mate (a dog)... Does anyone know they got one of these pictures?

Also, would you guys like to include any personal notes in the slide show? I'm thinking of something like your current number of dives, certifications, job, years diving, aspirations (scuba or otherwise), favorite Toby dive, etc. Any (brief) comments you'd like to record for posterity so you can look back on our cherished memories from Toby in years to come. If yes then you need to PM me the info. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom