Too many blown O-rings and FillExpress rules

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divad

Contributor
Reaction score
Over the course of a year an LDS 3 O-rings which blew on one of my Florida tanks.
1st one was a couple of days after they did the VIP, they replaced it. 2nd one was during storage, they replaced that one. After two weeks, it blew. In fairness, they were replaced by three different people who didn't know of all the blow outs. I pondered taking it to them to have look but finally just decided to take to Fillexpress beause they have banked Nitrox, the tank was a couple of weeks away from needing a VIP and they did a nice job of cleaning all the stickers off the other one, and because they just seem way more mechanically-minded than most other shops. They said, as I had hoped, that the top probably just needed to be filed flat and I could pick it up that afternoon. I said great and left it there expecting to be charged for the extra labor. When I picked up the tank, the bill was: Nitrox fill $ 5.00
VIP 10.00
total 15.00
I said what about the filing and they said that was just part of the VIP and that they always check for fltness and either just file them or just clean them up before putting the O-ring and valve in. What's not to love?

Great place to get your fills. They are very professional and take care of you like an individual...They get my business....

StSomewhere:
No doubt about it, Mark is the MAN.

evad:
Over the course of a year an LDS 3 O-rings which blew on one of my Florida tanks.
1st one was a couple of days after they did the VIP, they replaced it. 2nd one was during storage, they replaced that one. After two weeks, it blew. In fairness, they were replaced by three different people who didn't know of all the blow outs.

Real fairness would have been to tell the LDS about the problem so they could diagnose and fix it instead of griping about it publicly :06:

FillExpress does rock. I brought my double 98's, argon bottle, and 2 AL40's into them today at 11:30am. I asked Mark if he could take the remaining 30/30 mix in my doubles down to 21/35 and top my ean50, O2, and argon bottles by 1pm.

Without a gripe, I got my tanks spot on and in time to make a 1:30 show for a boat.

My hats off to a great operation! My VIPs are due next month on my 40's, and I now have a leaking inflator o-ring, so Mark will continue to get my business.

wedivebc:
Real fairness would have been to tell the LDS about the problem so they could diagnose and fix it instead of griping about it publicly :06:

3 strikes with the same problem? Kick 'em to the curb baby.

Ditto on Fill Express. They have always been fast and courteous. They know what they are doing, and they do a great job.

Peter

wedivebc:

"Real fairness" is a goofy idea so I won't even take it up except to point out that I didn't name the shop or gripe at all. I just went a different way and am glad. The LDS had three shots at it and repeatedly, er, blew it. I did ponder your "real fairness"
line of thought until I realized it was just real chumpishness. Its not like I'm their mom or dad. There was no trashing of any shop, rather, an endorsement of another.

Champagne for my sham-friends, real pain for my real friends.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom