Too old to service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you think you will need that AIr1?
I would buy it from you.:)
Those things are unheard of here...

I probably could part with it, I have a few of them. I bought it mostly for spare pilot parts. I need to make sure I have a couple of spare diaphragms. One word of warning; removing and replacing the diaphragm and clip on these things is a very delicate task. Don't ask how I know.....

What do you think, too old to be worth servicing?

I don't know, Wally. Let's ask The Beaver.

Wow, I gotta start making friends with some of the local dive shops so I can help them dispose of such dangerous dive gear.

I doubt you'd even have to change the o rings on that! Which poppet and wing did it have or was that parted out too?
I hear the exhaust tee is hard to find?

This is the SB equivalent of not just twisting the knife that little bit more, but of also grinding some salt into the wound afterwards? :)
Was that 109 ever in the water at all?

Unfortunately, my LDS actually DOES service gear like that.

I doubt you'd even have to change the o rings on that! Which poppet and wing did it have or was that parted out too?
I hear the exhaust tee is hard to find?

It had what looked like the original poppet, I just tossed it. I'm not sure what you mean by "wing." The orifice is also missing from the photo; I took it out and wrapped it in a piece of masking tape for safe keeping until I rebuild it. There are only two o-rings so I don't mind replacing them:wink:

I've never had a problem getting exhaust tees from a SP dealer.

The reg does look like it's never been in the water, but who knows. Awap has one that is missing large chunks of chrome and it works just as well. These things are very tough.

The reg does look like it's never been in the water, but who knows. Awap has one that is missing large chunks of chrome and it works just as well. These things are very tough.

So, it is of unproven reliability and could be subject to infantile failure in spite of its apparent age. It is just a good thing your life does not depend on it. Be extra careful anyway on the first test flight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom