Too old to service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

......One word of warning; removing and replacing the diaphragm and clip on these things is a very delicate task. Don't ask how I know.....

So how do you remove the diaphragm cover so that you can re-connect the lever to the diaphragm rod? I took out the housing to clean it and now I have a pile of parts I can't get re-assembled. I'm guessing this should be a fairly easy thing to do because you need to get access to the set screw in the bottom of the housing, and I have no idea how that would be done without removing the cover. Any advice would be appreciated.

How about Gold plate the front cover, and adjusting knob, and black chrome the body. IMO, that would be awesome.

So how do you remove the diaphragm cover so that you can re-connect the lever to the diaphragm rod? I took out the housing to clean it and now I have a pile of parts I can't get re-assembled. I'm guessing this should be a fairly easy thing to do because you need to get access to the set screw in the bottom of the housing, and I have no idea how that would be done without removing the cover. Any advice would be appreciated.

The cover (assuming we're talking about the same part) is simple to remove but can be really sticky. I'm referring to the hard plastic disc with the purge button in the middle. You just fit a spanner in a couple of those holes and rotate the cover about a 1/4 turn, maybe less, and it will pop out. I've used a wooden chopstick inserted in one of the holes to turn it, but a spanner would be way better. Once it's off you'll see the diaphragm.

The big difficulty is carefully slipping the diaphragm under the clip while lifting that clip from either side. It's either that or put the diaphragm in, then CAREFULLY put the clip in place, which to me is way harder on the air1.

Back
Top Bottom