Took the leap and bought it all

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Doc! I totally know the person you are talking about. About 3 years ago I was diving up there and went to that dive shop. I don't think he liked me very much:( I just asked him a question about my friends dive computer and he said "did you go to college?” I said "yes." He then ripped into me about how I paid for an education and don't even know how to work a dive computer. Maybe I caught him on a bad day. I just said "Ok"...thanks. That was along time ago though. It was a pretty nice dive shop though. If I recall, it was right on the water.

Sounds like you did OK. You'll feel better when you recover from that sticker shock :D

I started diving with my Fiance' so we bought everything you did times two. We actually put off getting a new car for another year so we could bankroll the gear!

My only specific comment would be directed at your mask. We also purchased four window masks when we got certified. They worked great in the pool and quarry. We started to run into trouble with them in the ocean though. The high profile catches the current and they tend to leak and want to come off. I'm not familiar with the specific brand you have, but it's something to look out for.

Enjoy your new gear!

Scott

Thanks for the info on the mask Scott. I know, I just need to start really diving. I though that spending the $ would force me to dive. I hope I'm right! By the way, the mask is by Genesis.

toddbr once bubbled...
Thanks for the info on the undergarment. That may be something I can switch out. What do you recommend?

Software is a custom made suit, high quality stiching and you can move in it.

Oh yeah, its really warm too.

SS

The Master can be inscrutable.

And occasionally he is known to have bad days.

He likes this disgusting brand of malt liquor sold across the street. Mickey's?

It isn't the question you ask. It's how you ask the question. Next time bring beer!

:D

Regardless of your past visits, I still recommend a roadtrip to Hoodsport. It will be good for what ails you.

Doc

Even though I bought myself a Bare Nex-Gen drysuit, I went with the Mobby's underwear due to above mentioned problems, plus the Mobby's actally keeps me warmer; as I'm a pretty small guy this is a big issue for me.

Although I do like the Mobby's, I'm sure you can find something equivalent in your area. To be honest the brand name doesn't matter, thermal qualities, wicking properties, and fit are what you should look at.

How's the diving up there in B.C this time of year? I will be making a trip soon to the Vancouver area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom