Top 3 of 2013 ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver86, That Octopus shot is awesome! Likewise, amazing photos all around!

Here are my favourite 3 photos from this year, 2 of which I've posted in other threads...

A Red Gilled Nudibranch, at Tuwanek BC. One of my favourite dive spots within a reasonable day-trip away (not including crossing over to the Island on the more expensive ferry...). My strobe wasn't working that day, so I dove without it and used my canlight instead, not expecting to get any good photos..
red-gilled-nudibranch.jpg

An Octopus at Furry Creek, BC.. I saw it peaking its eyes and mantle out from under a rock, watching us swim by. He posed nicely for some photos, and slowly inched back out towards me before I moved on.
octopus3 (1).jpg

Also at Furry Creek, a pink sea anemone? I like this one because of the translucent, green-tipped tentacles. Anemones have a surprising amount of detail in them.
crimsonanemone2.jpg

Frog fish?

---------- Post added December 8th, 2013 at 01:38 PM ----------

Diver86, That Octopus shot is awesome! Likewise, amazing photos all around!

Thank you. The octopus and shrimp were taken in Cozumel with my Olympus and no strobe. Only had the light from my dive light. The blenny was taken last weekend with my new sealife and strobe on the Oryskany.

There are some great pics being posted. Makes me want to get back in the water!

Wow nice pics people, keep em' coming.

Everyone's photos have blown me away. I wish I had the eye to take such captivating shots.

It's sort of fun to see what photographers whose work I follow, like Gilligan and Max, have chosen as their three. We all see our work differently!

Back
Top Bottom