Top 5 movies for scuba divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hahahahaaa... And clearly, she does. :)

It must be pretty cool to be so streamlined even in a vertical position. :)

What.. Did everyone forget about JAWS and Jaws 2 thru 20.

How About Deep Blue Sea (more recent)

How About Deep Blue Sea (more recent)
Probably the worst theme song ever:

Deepest, bluest, my hat is like a shark's fin ♬
<repeat incessantly>

My hat is like a shark's fin?! :confused:

Interestingly, today's top-of-the-line backplates and wings differ very little from the AT Pak that she's wearing - if you were to build the AT Pak out of metal (instead of plastic like she's wearing) and sandwich a bladder between the pack and the tank... You'd have a modern backplate and wing.

Fascinating how things come back around, isn't it?

That's not an at-pak she's diving.

The at-pac was a BP/W that used a hollow back plate which was filled with a combination of lead shot and marbles that could be released by pulling a pin at the bottom of the plate.
Here's a pic of a jacket style at-pac:
seapro.at-pac.bcd.large.a.jpg

At-Pac was originally made by Watergill and it was probably one of the better platforms for doubles at the time. The had a pretty cool fairing available as an option:
JAnewdecal1.jpg

The model I owned used a harness and had a elastic covered air cell. While I loved diving it, it is not much like a modern bp/w. They only came with 60# buoyancy cells, had no rear dump and the inflator design was an accident waiting to happen. I still have a few of the air cells.

I watched Into the Blue and found myself entertained for some reason. The UW footage was pretty impressive too.

Just finished Le Grand Blue and found myself not liking it at all. I'd chalk the cheesy acting and terrible soundtrack to the 80's release date, but the characters were foolish and implausible. What the hell was the point of the film? That it's ok to commit suicide? Or that diving deep will narc you the frak out?

Just finished Le Grand Blue....but the characters were foolish and implausible.
According to IMDB, the movie was "inspired by the lives of Jacques Mayol and Enzo Maiorca," two real-life competitive divers. Perhaps that makes the characters more plausible?

You can get the original SCUBA movie, Jacques Cousteau's Le Monde du Silence (The Silent World), on eBay for $4.99 plus $2.99 shipping.

Good to see you mention one of the originals. I was going to list it too. I guess most of these whippersnappers are too young to remember a guy named Jacques Cousteau. Either that or they don't favor documentaries. Of course I'll second Miss Bissett, er I mean "The Deep" (and I'm not too old to appreciate Jessica Alba either).

There are a slew of great documentary's where scuba is not the theme, but necessary to shoot the subject matter.

1. Anything Jacques Cousteau made...
  2. Coral Reef Adventure
  3. Oceans
  4. Planet Earth: Shallow Seas and Deep Ocean
  5. The Blue Planet: Seas of Life
  6. The Secret life of Seahorses
  7. Imax Deep Sea
  8. Dolphins
  9. Wild Ocean

Five Movies that I like with scuba diving in them are:

1. Black Widow
  2. Into the Blue
  3. The Deep
  4. Sanctum
  5. The Life Aquatics

Sea Hunt was a classic for those that have been around a while...

Surprising
how few movies/documentaries there are on the Seas considering how much of our World is water, and how important it is.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom