Top Ten Reasons for Leaving you behind

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How about "Where's the head? I had a dodgy chilli, curry, burrito, etc. last night"

:)

Dom

"Does this lake have salt water in it?"

No darlin' "Pacific" is Spanish for fresh water...

Daxter:
If you dont have more of an imagination then the writer of Open Water.

If you use "then" when you clearly mean "than."

dictionary.com:
than /ðæn, ðɛn; unstressed ðən, ən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[than, then; unstressed thuhn, uhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–conjunction 1. (used, as after comparative adjectives and adverbs, to introduce the second member of an unequal comparison): She's taller than I am.
2. (used after some adverbs and adjectives expressing choice or diversity, such as other, otherwise, else, anywhere, or different, to introduce an alternative or denote a difference in kind, place, style, identity, etc.): I had no choice other than that. You won't find such freedom anywhere else than in this country.
3. (used to introduce the rejected choice in expressions of preference): I'd rather walk than drive there.
4. except; other than: We had no choice than to return home.
5. when: We had barely arrived than we had to leave again.
–preposition 6. in relation to; by comparison with (usually fol. by a pronoun in the objective case): He is a person than whom I can imagine no one more courteous.

then /ðɛn/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[then] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation,
–adverb 1. at that time: Prices were lower then.
2. immediately or soon afterward: The rain stopped and then started again.
3. next in order of time: We ate, then we started home.
4. at the same time: At first the water seemed blue, then gray.
5. next in order of place: Standing beside Charlie is my uncle, then my cousin, then my brother.
6. in addition; besides; also: I love my job, and then it pays so well.
7. in that case; as a consequence; in those circumstances: If you're sick, then you should stay in bed.
8. since that is so; as it appears; therefore: You have, then, found the mistake? You are leaving tonight then.
–adjective 9. being; being such; existing or being at the time indicated: the then prime minister.
–noun 10. that time: We have not been back since then. Till then, farewell.
—Idioms11. but then, but on the other hand: I found their conversation very dull, but then I have different tastes.
12. then and there, at that precise time and place; at once; on the spot: I started to pack my things right then and there. Also, there and then.

So tell me, what's the problem with dive knives that are strapped to your leg verses, on your BC, or other less conspicuous area -- Style? Is someone more likely to use the big strapping dive knife than a small one? Does the small one work better than big ones for removing entangled 50 lb test fishing line?

ItsBruce:
5. Wears huge dive knive on leg before putting on gear or even leaving for the dive site.

Gradual Ascent:
So tell me, what's the problem with dive knives that are strapped to your leg verses, on your BC, or other less conspicuous area -- Style?

Jealousy.

grassyknoll:
A conversation using any of the following would likely do it:
"Duuuuuude, you partake?"

Hahhaha!

*puff puff pass*

Here is one of mine. We drift dive in strong currents all the time. I frequently agree to carry the flag so my two insta-buddies from some landlocked state can enjoy their first drift dive. Then my buddies swim off into the current, forgetting that the flag and float are being pulled by the current making it impossible for me to swim upstream. I burn through tons of gas struggling to get them to go in the right direction.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom