Training in Mississippi, dive spots, clubs???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trevttu76

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am new to Mississippi; south of Jackson in the Brookhaven/McComb area to be exact. I am looking for an instructor for AOW training and hopefully up to Master. As a last resort a good LDS would be good too.

I was active in my last area club so finding a club around would be great also.

Last but not least, I have little information on where to dive around here. Looks like the options are slim and I am only a few hours from the Gulf, what gives!?

I figure I will have to go to Jackson, Hattiesburg, or NO for classes but any guidance is great. Any help for a new transplant to MS would be appreciated!

Silt from Mighty Miss snots up the view off the MS coast unless you go quite a ways out. Suggest you head off towards Gulf Shores AL for diving. Plenty of folks there to dive with and shops that instruct. My 2 cents.
Howard

Thanks for your replies guys, I was beginning to wonder if anyone was actually on this part of the forum. Guess there isn't an active club around or club members would have jumped on someone asking about a club in the area.

I went ahead and signed up at Deep South in Jackson since it is near by, so the training continues. The checkout dive is in Pelham so that will give me a chance to see that dive site. I lived in Montgomery AL years ago before I was a diver, so Gulf Shores/Orange beach is well known but I guess I have to now figure out diving spots there again.

Thanks again and if anyone ever needs a dive partner or has anymore advice keep it coming.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom