TrashFest 2012 - Oct 6th- Official Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vanessar

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Mark your calendars! TrashFest will be October 6th this year!
04.gif

Come take part in the oldest underwater clean up event in the country, enjoy a fun day of diving in New Braunfels, Texas and an after-party BBQ where all team members are eligible to win great door prizes. Last year's participants took home nearly $38,000 in trips, dive equipment, and other awesome stuff!

All the low-down can be found at the TrashFest website.

Pre-registration started August 13th. Get your team together today!

Hope to see all of you there!

---------- Post Merged at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Trashfest has reserved a block of rooms at the Rodeway Inn at a disounted rate of $42.99 for Friday the Oct 5th and 6th. The rooms are available at this rate until Sept 27th.

Mark your calendars! TrashFest will be October 6th this year!
04.gif

Come take part in the oldest underwater clean up event in the country, enjoy a fun day of diving in New Braunfels, Texas and an after-party BBQ where all team members are eligible to win great door prizes. Last year's participants took home nearly $38,000 in trips, dive equipment, and other awesome stuff!

All the low-down can be found at the TrashFest website.

Pre-registration started August 13th. Get your team together today!

Hope to see all of you there!

---------- Post Merged at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Trashfest has reserved a block of rooms at the Rodeway Inn at a disounted rate of $42.99 for Friday the Oct 5th and 6th. The rooms are available at this rate until Sept 27th.

Excellent. The North Texas Dive Society will be there. :) Looking forward to it!

Last edited:
The 2012 Trashfest is less than a month away!!! As we have capped the number of teams to 64 this year, register here to ensure your team a spot. We are also taking pre-orders for the 2012 Trashfest t-shirts for $10.00. See the TGCC website to order, you can be sure to get the correct size by pre-ordering and save money.

Looking forward to seeing you on October 6th.

Vanessa Gray
Chair
Trashfest 2012

Last edited:
Slots are filling up. Don't miss out:eek: if you are undecided, sign up and let's have a have day on the Comal. Also, pre-sale of official TrashFest 2012 t-shirts is underway! Order until September 25th and save money and ensure your desired size. We will have a limited number of shirts on sale the day of the event.

See you at TrashFest 2012!!!!

Vanessa Gray
Chair
TrashFest 2012
www.trashfest.net

Can someone tell me why I should participate in this event?

I've never dove the river but over the years I've been a tuber. It seems that the city has really come down hard with all the restrictions and fines. It seems that the trash should be much less in years past and with all the penalties collected the city should have more then enough resources to clean up the remaining trash without expecting divers to come out and pay for the pleasure.

Perhaps I'm being too cynical so maybe someone can give me another perspective.

Can someone tell me why I should participate in this event?

I've never dove the river but over the years I've been a tuber. It seems that the city has really come down hard with all the restrictions and fines. It seems that the trash should be much less in years past and with all the penalties collected the city should have more then enough resources to clean up the remaining trash without expecting divers to come out and pay for the pleasure.

Perhaps I'm being too cynical so maybe someone can give me another perspective.

How much are you paying? Less than $8 per person on a team. How much would you pay for a BBQ plate w drinks at a restaurant? That's what your $8 gets you. How much would you pay for a couple of beers at a bar? Your same $8 gets you that too. Did I mention the $30k in door prizes that are given away? Your $8 gets you a ticket for a chance at those. Now toss in the fun of hanging out with 400 other divers in a fun filled community event and tell me why someone should not participate?

I know my position seems jaded and unpopular but every day I dive Lake Travis and I see all the trash left by boaters. Then I go over to Mansfield and there's very little trash. And yet all the divers are expected to get together and do a lake clean up.

Something seems wrong with that to me. ( Fwiw I didn't feel this way with my old quarries because those were our watering holes and I enjoy keeping them clean. )

Since it's spring fed, the Comal is a constant 72 degrees year round. I like to dive with a 3 mil and a hood. Bring a little extra weight to help counteract the current. Tropical weight gloves are nice too to keep your hands from getting nicked up while you're digging around for cans.

See y'all in New Braunfels.

Gig 'em BQ!

SB, Thunderin' 13 Zip '89

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom