Travel Carry on with BP/W Vs. Aeris Jetpack as a Carry on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most airlines give you quite a lot of leeway about carry-on.

If you're really pushing the limits of what's allowable though, make sure you check in to your flight online. This way, you don't have to actually walk up to a counter and run the risk of them weighing your gear, you just waltz straight through to the gatelounge and do your best nonchalant walk through with your gear.

Most airlines give you quite a lot of leeway about carry-on.

If you're really pushing the limits of what's allowable though, make sure you check in to your flight online. This way, you don't have to actually walk up to a counter and run the risk of them weighing your gear, you just waltz straight through to the gatelounge and do your best nonchalant walk through with your gear.

Lol. My best nonchalant walk, while I'm trying to put my shoes back on and keep my pants from falling down because my belt is in my teeth, as I try and put my watch back on. All the while hoping my passport is in the mess somewhere... :D

It always amazes me how you can look like "Mr. World Traveler" going into security, and then look like a refugee from the neighbourhood spring yard sale coming out the other side...:laughing:

Cheers
Phil

I can typically travel with my Oxycheq BP/W, 5 mm full wetsuit, boots, DSMB, finger spool compass, light and a couple pairs of shorts, shirts and underwear in my carry on (LL Bean carry on roller duffle). I put my regs, masks, toiletries, kindle and other misc small sundries in a backpack to put under the seat.
I have not figured a way to travel with fins without checking them unfortunately. I put them in a small checkin bag with the rest of my clothes, dive shears, z-knife, extra mask any spare gear I'm bringing.
I figure this way I can almost always arrive ready to dive, if I can borrow or buy a set of find, if my luggage is lost or delayed.
I usually have to unpack my duffle for security unfortunately since they can't see through the plate. I'm thinking that prescreeded security option might be worth the time and money.
Best of luck and if you find a way to get the whole package, find included, into your carry on, I'd love to hear it!
Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Can wear" through Security may differ from "permitted to wear." Despite my protestations that my travel belt has no metal in it, I have been asked on occasion to remove it through Security. I don't bother anymore and just wear a regular belt.

Perhaps you look a bit more menacing? :D So far no problems but just another example that if human judgement is involved all bets are off.

I don't know why but the last two trips I've quailfied for the prescreened, no shoes off, etc line. Very nice.

Get in the TSA Pre program and you don't have to take off your belt at all.

And if you're going to fly International at all, get in the Global Enrollment program. Once you get a GOES Id, you are automatically eligible for TSA Pre. That's how I got into TSA Pre. GOES costs something like $105 for a 5 year ID.

TSA Pre is good every time I fly. I just came back from Mexico last week and that was my first International travel since getting into GOES. I didn't have to fill out a Customs form. I just got off the plane, scanned my passport at a kiosk and answered a couple of questions on the touchscreen, then walked right on out. I didn't have to talk to a Customs person at all. Plane wheels down to walking out with my luggage (including checked bags) in less than 20 minutes.

Phil, since you're in Canada, fly Westjet. They don't weigh carry on. As long as you can put it in the overhead bin yourself, you're good to go. You're also allowed a small camera bag.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom