Travel DIR Scuba Canister LED Light 15 WT, 1000+ lumen DIR , LIIO, tight beam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks a lot. here is slightly updated design.
t1.JPGt2.jpgt3.jpgt4.JPG

cells are either 3 or 4 18650 cells, same capacity ~ 10ah

If anyone is wanting a can light, but chokiing on what much of the industry is selling them for ($600-$1,500), this light is an excellent step. Light exceeds the DRIS 1K (which is a light I really like) in intensity, and being a light head and separate battery pack, sits on your hand well (hard or soft handle).

Kudos to Andrew for putting together an economical can light that performs well!

(P.S. - as these are custom builds, Andrew pressure tests the lights before shipping to assure you get one that does what it is supposed to)

I just did 4 dives on Lake Travis today for over 4 hours of bottom time. The light lasted the whole day and is still too bright to look into.

My DRIS 1000 is now my backup.

Sweet!

hi there i have the similiar back up light that flooded and was thinking of making something simililiar to yours. my question to you is can, you change the beam angle on the light? i,m looking to bring it up approx. 15-20* ish its for close up repair work. i have a 6* now that goes 3-4 ft. on a good day.(6' circle at 18') A lot of times i'm working in tight areas and your light looks like just what im looking for. If you could get back to me and let me no either way good or bad i would appreciate your time thank you PETER WECKESSER

---------- Post added May 28th, 2013 at 02:51 PM ----------

don't no if im doing this right cause i sent big long questionining and nothing show . 2nd. times a charm im minterested but have a couple questions

It is a fixed beam light

Cooked up a fresh batch, for all of you asking for one. hit me with PM.

If your diving isn't 24-7-365, these are more than worth looking into (and even so if you are really active).

Anybody want one? i have 1 left from this batch.

-A

I am, PM sent

Back
Top Bottom