Travel to Egypt for diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I'm a rank amateur Egypt dive traveler compared to Mania. :D But, yeah, you'll see in my other posts that I've always felt very safe. And welcomed.

I'll bet, though, that Egyptian security in the Sinai is going to be tighter than usual, because of what's been going on farther north...

--Marek

Can anyone comment on "what's been going on farther north?"

I ask because I'm an American living in Israel and I love to travel to Sinai to dive. Its hard to get objective answers from Israelis right now, or at any time for that matter. Most Israelis always think I'm crazy for going to Sinai.

What do you think? Is it safe to cross at Taba and travel south to Sharm right now?

safety of its tourists is the upmost concern to the egyptian government . the only thing that i would really recomend is that the locals and some of the shops in eygpt can and do refill the water bottles from the tap . :confused:

if you buy a bottle of water check that the seal is intact and not tampered with , check that the lable looks new . this is a major concern for tourists .:mooner:

we where there 2 years ago and some of our group caught disintary . seriously not nice:(

if you buy a bottle of water check that the seal is intact and not tampered with , check that the lable looks new .
We always buy 1.5- to 2-liter bottles of water by the six-pack -- in town whenever we can. But the labels can look a bit torn up. You just have to trust the bottling process. I'd agree to be pretty suspicious of a non-sealed cap!!

Water is much more expensive at hotels. But the labels are purdy. :D

we where there 2 years ago and some of our group caught disintary . seriously not nice
No, not nice. But something you always have to contend with, and not necessarily caught from the bottled drinking water. Fortunately, I think visitors build up a resistance after the first time.

We always carry Imodium... works really, really well. Some of my Polish friends recommend vodka, but my bags are heavy enough already! :wink:

--Marek

Back
Top Bottom