• I travel with just a few items such as mask fins and snorkel

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • I pack all my gear

Votes: 90 92.8%
  • I dont bring any gear and rent everything

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I even pack my soft weights - because I'm spoiled.

Too many bad experiences with rental gear so I bring all my gear with the exception of weights and tanks.

I have generally brought all of my own gear. A recent interstate trip I didn't bring my BC though as a friend was able to loan me one. I had a long walk with my backpack so was happy to leave my SS BP behind! (going to get an AL one one day...)

I'd bring my own tanks if I could too! I prefer steel tanks and can never seem to get those unless loaned to me from a friend.

My gear weights 21kg + 5kg hand luggage for a 10 day trip to the tropics, as I just found out tonight (leaving tomorrow :bounce:), just under the weight allowance :)

all the gear I need for the dives other than tanks and weights

As I started to get back into diving @15-20 yrs ago I was renting, and never had any serious difficulties, but once I got truly re hooked I bought and now bring all gear but tanks and weight. I found it makes for much better control to always dive the same basic gear set up, even if the level of thermal protection may change for varying locals.

Everything but tanks and weights. Camera, chargers, extra batteries.........

I bring all my gear with me, minus tanks and weight. The only time I didn't bring my gear was when I was going up to the PNW and the crew up there outfitted me with a bp/w, drysuit, can light, tanks, and weights!

I usually bring everything except tanks and weights. My last trip to Japan/Korea was not a dive vacation so I only brought my mask and computer. I forgot how crappy rental gear is and I will never do it again. Live and learn.

Everything except tanks and weights, if the destination is tropical, I leave the wetsuit behind, too. If traveling by air, I still have to stuff a few things in my wife's bag to stay under 50 lbs. Of course, I'm 6'2" and she is 5'0", my gear weighs almost twice as much as hers. Come to think of it, I weigh more than twice as much as she does. :shakehead:

No surprise at the responses... I bring the kit, the kabootle, and the kitchen sink, but only if it fits! :D

Combine Dive gear with camera gear, and I'm basically screwed. Southwest has no luggage charge/restriction other than 2 50lbs bags + carry-on and a personal item. I still shipped my housing and lighting to the destination in advance, and managed to bring 100lbs in check luggage. Diving Dry did not help things in the weight department (last trip was a Channel Island Liveaboard).

Back
Top Bottom