• I travel with just a few items such as mask fins and snorkel

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • I pack all my gear

Votes: 90 92.8%
  • I dont bring any gear and rent everything

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It isn't the space, it's the weight.

I pack it all too (except tanks and weights). I love my gear, paid enough for it, so why should I leave it at home?

All my dive gear and all my camera gear. If there's any space after that, I bring clean underwear.

:rofl3::rofl3:
You can roll that up and stow it in your fin pockets

All my dive gear and all my camera gear. If there's any space after that, I bring clean underwear.

Well put a little tide in the dirty ones and just dive with the undies. Twist around a little bit and they should be clean :)

LOL If I did not have room for clean undies though I do think I would make an emergency run to walmart once I got there :rofl3:

what happens if the airlines lose your luggage and all the expensive equipment in it? International airline liability is a paltry $640. Do you buy extra insurance that covers the items?

Not quite all - I haven't figured out how to pack my X7-100 Worthingtons, and it's not quite worth the effort to heft lead.

So far, all our dive travel has been in my truck, so we pack all our own gear (except for tanks, which we don't own yet).

When we fly to Fiji in 5 months, we will take everything except weights and tanks. From what we have been advised by folks who have gone to this resort before, the best idea is to take only a couple of changes of clothing, and let the resort staff do our laundry for us. Our LDS makes at least two trips to this resort each year, and they say the luggage space is best utilized with dive gear rather than a different outfit for every day. They also suggest making sure we have some extra luggage space for bringing home souvenirs.

It makes sense to me; we're going over there to dive, not participate in any fashion shows. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom