Treasure Coast Shore Diving Events

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where are the best shore entry points around Stuart for the mini season? I drove to the bathtub tonight, and the parking lot was deserted. I'd like to get my first bug before midnight Thursday. - Craig (Stuart)

How are diving condition's (seas & vis) looking for Labor Day Weekend at Sebastian/Vero? We are heading over there on Saturday, don't know what to bring; diving gear or metal detector, or both...

Ill be working at the shop all weekend, but vis reports from bathtub have been clear!! Also, my superior confirmed clear water near shore in the Vero Beach area!!! I love Vero Shore diving, but might not ge tthe chance to do so this time around... Get out there while you can!!!

Does anyone have a seas condition report for Wabasso? I would like to head over there this morning but I don't want to waste the gas if the seas are up and vis is down.
Thanks.

Just thought I'd bring this thread back up again as Summer is almost upon us and with it comes the shore diving season!

Has anyone been in the water lately and if so what were the conditions like?

I'm going to be diving Stuart and Ft Pierce this week so I'll post an update. I dived the George's Valentine two weeks ago and had a good dive. I saw lots of marine life and the Wreck is looking great. The water did start to get cold after about an hour but it was definetly worth it!

Hey, I haven’t seen this thread for a while- Summer is indeed upon us again and according to this website, BathTub Reef is scheduled to reopen may 1st! When the water clear, Bathtub will be the first stop on this summer’s track up the beaches of the Treasure Coast.
Visibility has been pretty crappy due to the onshore flow we’ve had the last few days- still a bit early in the shorediving season yet so in the mean time, here are some YouTube links to videos of Bathtub last summer. Most locations are less then 10'- even I can freedive that!

Kayak Diving BathTub reef
BathTub Creature Footage
-Steve

Last edited:
Bathtub reef looks like a good place for snorkeling according to the website. Yes? I have some friends who want to do some snorkeling and I am scouting locations.

Steve,

I've dived the outside of Bathtub before around the edge of the reef, is that the area where you filmed the nurse sharks or was that on the inside of the reef? (Great videos by the way!).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom