Treasures in Lake Allatoona

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Road Guy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Yeah I know this is the Lake Lanier Forum.. but since there isnt much in here lately just sharing..

A bud of mine lost his anchor in what is known as Flamingo Cove in Lake Allatoona, so on a off day at work we go up to try and find it, our prizes are shown below...

only went down to about 40', visability was about 5 feet, allatoona is much darker than Lanier (based on my limited dives at both). Temp was still in low 70's so water temp is a bit warmer but Allatoona is so much shallower in general than Lanier..

I saw at least two other anchors but they were "cut" almost into old tree logs and I couldnt get them free.. maybe that will give me something to do in the future though...lots of beer bottles, lots of beer bottles....

anchors.jpg

Nice! I found an anchor just like the ones you got there my last time in Lanier. Don't you love treasure huntin in these cold and murky lakes?! I keep hoping to stumble on some gold some day. HA!

Nice! I found an anchor just like the ones you got there my last time in Lanier. Don't you love treasure huntin in these cold and murky lakes?! I keep hoping to stumble on some gold some day. HA!

I found two complete rod and reel sets on the bottom at about 25-30ft. at Two Mile Creek Park a few years ago. But, unfortunately most of the time I find just old beer cans or bottles. One day, I know I'll wind up looking face to face with Jimmy Hoffa's skeleton, LOL.

Seriously, nobody really knows what or WHO is at the bottom of Lanier. I guess that's why they call it exploring.
I'm going to try hit Two Mile Creek early Sun. a.m. got to get some new dive boots tomorrow a.m. My Henderson's 7mm Hyperstretch's are too small for me for some reason. They are size 10 if anyone wants to buy them. They are in good condition.

Back
Top Bottom