Treatment for Fin Foot?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive socks (lycra) = problem fixed.
They will prevent the sores, and also allow you to dive with existing sores without discomfort.
(assuming boots/fins fit correctly)

On your next dive pay attention if your are subconsciously curling your toes.

I too agree with those that have suggested you've got a fit problem of some kind. Again, can't diagnose it fully over the internet. That said, regardless, once you get that all sorted, I'm a huge fan of lycra dive socks. Won't dive without a pair. The difference of diving with or without lycra socks, is to me like the difference between using newspaper and Charmin on your nether parts :)

Thanks for all of the replies. Toes are still very sore. Priority number one is to rest my feet 'til they're better. After that, I plan to re-visit my dive shop to double check fits of booties and fins.

+1 on the socks. I'm a fan of wool socks myself. Cheaper than scuba specific socks and you can use them for winter on land as well.

+1 for socks
Scuba Tube Socks - work great to keep from getting rub spot from my booties especially multi-dives/day for multi-days. I have like 5 different pairs of wet booties and I won't dive without socks.

Also the socks make it easier to get your feet through the narrow legs of your wetsuit.

But most important is good fitting booties (with a tiny bit of space for stretching out your toes). And those boots need to fit into your fins correctly as well.
Sounds like your combination isn't working for you.

Also sores will heal faster if you keep them dry for a few days rather that continuing to irritate them.

Good luck with your dives and do let us all know how it goes for you. :)

I don't know why some people go on about how expensive the lycra dive socks are. Sure the fancy ones cost a bit more but my run of the mill black lycra scuba socks didn't cost much at all. I temporarily misplaced one of my socks a number of dives ago and so chose to do the dive one sock on one sock off. Had sore rub marks right away on the sockless foot. Never used to get that bad that fast before I became a lycra sock fanatic but my princess ways have softened me up.

I have got fin foot while wearing socks as well the first day of diving i had a fin fall off so day 2 really cranked down the straps and walla fin foot

Which had nothing to do with your socks. :) but of course I contend that your injuries were lessened by virtue of the lycra sock.

I finally got Lycra socks, but found that wrapping Duct Tape around my toes took care of the problem.

Not only did it mortify my daughter, but also gave the DMs on the boat a good chuckle and a solution should they run into the issue again.

Bob
---------------------
I may be old, but I'm not dead yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom