Treatment for Fin Foot?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I finally got Lycra socks, but found that wrapping Duct Tape around my toes took care of the problem.

Not only did it mortify my daughter, but also gave the DMs on the boat a good chuckle and a solution should they run into the issue again.
Bob

I too am aware of the duct tape solution and have seen some clever and some cute applications. However, I think the socks are really a lot easier to get off. :)

Elen, have you yet purchased any of the new longer wider tube socks being offered on the scubarag site?

I have a couple pairs of the super tube socks and one pair if the shorts tubes. I prefer the longer ones, especially with a full wetsuit.

In a shorty, I put the socks on inside out and fold them over my booties all colorful. You can tell it's me leading the group with the colored socks & yellow jet fins.

Bonaire Invasion Pic with Janet in her colorful pink jet fins. :rofl3:
IMG_4727.jpg

It's doubtful this is due to a too-tight fin strap ... foot cramps are the more usual symptom of that particular problem.

DD, I disagree with what you said about wearing socks. On trips where you're doing multiple dives per day over multiple days, this is the easiest way to prevent blisters on your toes caused by chafing inside the boot. You can otherwise get those even if your boots/fins fit properly.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
I also wear socks with boots if I'm diving multiple days in my wetsuit. In fact, sometimes I just wear athletic socks, no boots, when doing short dives in my pool.
OP, it does sound like something doesn't fit right. Do you have any bruising of the toenails or blisters? Could you post pictures? I would try getting your own booties and fins before any more classes and make sure they fit well. Wet booties should actually fit quite tight or they will rub.
if the water isn't too cold you could also wear some Converse tennis shoes, instead. That could be at least a temporary fix, until you figure out some comfortable boots and fins. I've even seen people wear Tevis sandals in a pinch, because they forgot their boots when drysuit diving.

---------- Post added December 13th, 2013 at 02:31 PM ----------

I have a couple pairs of the super tube socks and one pair if the shorts tubes. I prefer the longer ones, especially with a full wetsuit.

In a shorty, I put the socks on inside out and fold them over my booties all colorful. You can tell it's me leading the group with the colored socks & yellow jet fins.

Bonaire Invasion Pic with Janet in her colorful pink jet fins. :rofl3:
View attachment 173289
Wear did those pink jet fins come from? I have to have a pair!

---------- Post added December 13th, 2013 at 02:36 PM ----------

I finally got Lycra socks, but found that wrapping Duct Tape around my toes took care of the problem.

Not only did it mortify my daughter, but also gave the DMs on the boat a good chuckle and a solution should they run into the issue again.

Bob
---------------------
I may be old, but I'm not dead yet.

Can fix almost anything with duct tape and baling wire. Add in zip-ties and I'm good!

Back
Top Bottom