Tricks for getting 7MM OFF???!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You don't need an bags, hosiery or other junk to get out of a wetsuit, you roll it off. Slip a shoulder out and pull the shoulder down off the arm, it will turn inside out as if falls from your arm. Repeat for the other arm. Now just guide the sleeves downward and it will roll right off your butt and down your legs to where you step out of the legs one at a time. I gets no easier.

Donning the bottom half is the direct inverse. How you do the sleeves is a toss-up where some suit snot especially if you are hot and sticky can help get your arms down the sleeves.

More here

You are kidding, right? I'm 56 years old and I'm pretty sure I know how to undress :wink: I have no problem getting the suit rolled all the way down to my ankles. Problem starts there. Inside out I cannot tug it off. Not inside out I can't stretch it enough to pull over my foot. Suit fits great otherwise. The gold core just doesn't stretch!

Plastic bags or shampoo as a lubricant.
I normally use plastic bags to get my 7mm off my feet. Foot in the bag. Tuck the bag under the suit around the ankle and then roll the suit off. It's like magic.

We have a winner!!!!!!!!! This worked even better than I had hoped! A fisherman asked me what kind of waders I was wearing :wink: Thanks for this great tip!

When I was a kid of 15 and was at a camp to get my basic NAUI open water cert we had one way that worked great. We'd get in the shower, open the neck and start filling it with water. About the time a 134 lb. kid weighs 200 lb. it was a lot easier to get out of the suit.

Problems like that, and trying to stay warm in Puget Sound have convinced me that a dry suit is the way to go. I say that reluctantly but progress is progress.

Ok, so I dust off the 7MM (henderson gold core) maybe once a summer to play in the quarry. Otherwise its the 3mm for warm blue waters. Well we joined some others in a relatively local mud hole and it was kinda fun. So I might do a few more. The problem is, I cannot get the damn suit off! Killing myself to pull it off of my ankles. I have to resort to begging for assistance. Any tricks for making it easier? Has anyone added ankle zippers?
Thanks, Sore ankles in muddy waters :wink:

I found quite a while ago that wearing a pair of my dress socks with a thick wetsuit works well for donning and doffing. Added benefit of not being ashamed by wearing pantyhose(basically the same material):wink:.

I found quite a while ago that wearing a pair of my dress socks with a thick wetsuit works well for donning and doffing. Added benefit of not being ashamed by wearing pantyhose(basically the same material):wink:.

You know, that might be a good use for the ones with holes in the heals rather than just throwing them out. Darning socks is apparently a long lost art!

xSQyEJ9.jpg

Bovine Anal Lube. You can get it at most farm stores (or ask your local large animal veterinarian). Plastic bags work great as well, but telling people you use bovine anal lube makes for a better surface interval.

Bovine Anal Lube. You can get it at most farm stores (or ask your local large animal veterinarian). Plastic bags work great as well, but telling people you use bovine anal lube makes for a better surface interval.

You know..CVS and Walgreen's carry the non-farm animal equivalent of those things too. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom