Getting cold in a 5mm below 26C (79F)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are a lot of comments about adding a hooded vest. My question is, do you wear it over or under your wetsuit? What about sizing - if wearing it over a wetsuit, do you need to size it larger? My girlfriend is very petite so finding one at an LDS to try on will not be an option.

wearing the vest under the suit is probably more common, but if using a one piece suit with a back zip, I like the vest over the suit (on the outside). It allows the suit's, smooth skin neck seal to function as intended and seems to work well for me. A vest over the outside of a thick suit will need to be a little larger.

Add a hoodie or move to a drysuit.

A hooded vest is a great investment. I dive a 3mm Pinnacle suit, but then have both a Bare 1/3 mm hooded vest as well as a Pinnacle 3/5hooded vest. They make a HUGE difference.

And yes of course you suit's neck seem becomes redundant at the point, but it doesn't matter in the least,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom