Trim Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sam has never cold feet and he has his rock boots attached to his neoprene High Tide suit.

This is probably just a difference in physiology more than footwear. I really don't get cold hands and feet when diving, it probably has something to do with the fact that my hands and feet naturally go ice cold whenever I'm concentrating on anything. But my core starts to feel cold pretty quickly. Other people get cold feet easily and require multiple layers of insulation.

We're all different that way. More/thicker socks or thinsulate booties can certainly help.

My feet got very cold when I overtightened the laces on my CTs (or other shoes). If what you are wearing compresses all your insulation, you will get cold.

I have lowered the weight belt and now sits on top of my hip bone (why did I not do it earlier?:shakehead:). Now it is not such a struggle to close the buckle of my harness. I have also situated the tank a bit higher. It seems to me that it is working. However sometimes I am still 'dog paddling' with one hand still!:shakehead::

Sorry for those low quality images but we were really struggling with the light and the limitations of our little compact digital camera. The weather has been terrible lately (= extra poor visibility) and another storm is coming through right now.

Do you want to know about the diving part or the video part, If it is about the video colour you need more light! If you notice the one short glimpse of the blue in the dry suit it is when your light struck the diver straight on.

I have lowered the weight belt and now sits on top of my hip bone (why did I not do it earlier?:shakehead:). Now it is not such a struggle to close the buckle of my harness. I have also situated the tank a bit higher. It seems to me that it is working. However sometimes I am still 'dog paddling' with one hand still!:shakehead::

It looks to me like you're still sculling mightily with your fins to stay in position. It's hard to tell from the clip whether you're head or foot-heavy since you don't go motionless.

When you dropped the weight belt lower on your hips (I did the same thing and also wondered why I didn't think of it earlier), you canceled out the benefit by moving your tank up. Is that what you were trying to do? If you're head-heavy, you want to drop the tank down toward your butt. It also helps if you keep your head up, you should be looking straight forward when the back of your head touches the first stage.

She lowered the weight belt to keep it from interfering with the waist belt on the harness. She raised the tank to compensate.

Do you want to know about the diving part or the video part, If it is about the video colour you need more light! If you notice the one short glimpse of the blue in the dry suit it is when your light struck the diver straight on.

I know that the video needs more light we just did not have any! Beside this is not the point. I was just trying to show my trim.

Gombessa. It looks to me like you're still sculling mightily with your fins to stay in position. It's hard to tell from the clip whether you're head or foot-heavy since you don't go motionless.

I may have something to do with the fact that a current was pushing us back to shore and to stand still in one spot I had to fin a bit or maybe it happened because we did not plan the shooting and I did not think to stay still.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom