Trip Report--Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaFishee once bubbled...
the real question is... did you see any turtles???
...you can see a ton of turtles off our own coast, but they are always mysteriously absent in Bonaire. I think the Bonaire tourism board lies about turtles to get people to come there and look at the guppies and other assorted teeny fish they do have..

Wow! What a trip report! I felt like I was there with you. And that part about the diving. . . Whew that was something! I am going to have to check out Bonaire one of these days.

O-ring once bubbled...
...you can see a ton of turtles off our own coast, but they are always mysteriously absent in Bonaire.

That's because we don't eat them here.

WW

WreckWriter once bubbled...

That's because we don't eat them here.

WW
...you are probably right. I think the dive boats out there tow rubber turtles on 50' lines so they can make people think they saw turtles so they will come back and report that they did..

even though you didn't see any turtles, I'll bet money you probably saw something wonderful... even better than turtles, something like... :idea: maybe a seahorse or two?

ScubaFishee once bubbled...
even though you didn't see any turtles, I'll bet money you probably saw something wonderful... even better than turtles, something like... :idea: maybe a seahorse or two?
That's a whole other thread...a seahorse better than a turtle??? *gasp*... Blasphemer!

Turtles sightings are by chance. But it takes skill and patience to hunt around in the sea, even in a known area, to find a 2" - 4" seahorse. I'll still put my money on the table that Jep could find it.

O-ring once bubbled...

That's a whole other thread...a seahorse better than a turtle???

Not a chance. Seahorses just get caught in your teeth; and there isn't enough meat on 'em for a filling meal. You've got to find a bunch if you even want to fry 'em up for a sandwich.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom