Trip Report: Caribe Blu/Blue Angel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tiggy:
As James has stated, the current really varies by site.

And time. Around C-53 & Las Palamas it's been known to even change direction during a dive.

tiggy:
Leave the snorkel on the boat.

Amen.

tiggy:
They appeared to be docking one cruiseship and tendering the rest while we were there.

Did you look closely at the docked ship and the international pier? I may be wrong but it appeard to me that while they were docking at the international pier, it was still under construction and they were still using tenders.

James

Thanks James. It was a typo.

The cruise ships certainly appeared to be docked. They were tied into the pier and we never saw a tender approach them. They were using the slot closest to shore on the south side. However, I did not look specifically for the gangways. Those that were clearly tendering were much farther out.

tiggy:
The cruise ships certainly appeared to be docked. They were tied into the pier and we never saw a tender approach them. They were using the slot closest to shore on the south side. However, I did not look specifically for the gangways. Those that were clearly tendering were much farther out.

Wasn't really clear to me either, yea they were tied in but at least once I saw a tender tied off on the south (non dock) side of the ship. I got the impression that they were basicly just using the dock as a mooring. Maybe Christi knows for sure.

The pier was covered with heavy equipment so if they were using it for passengers they must have been using the bow of the ship only.

James

I know I didn't see the tender bays on the south side open when we cruised by on the dive boats. Those are really pretty distinctive when open. I've got a couple of picts at home of the docked ships, so I'll see if I can tell anything from those.

tiggy:
I know I didn't see the tender bays on the south side open when we cruised by on the dive boats. Those are really pretty distinctive when open. I've got a couple of picts at home of the docked ships, so I'll see if I can tell anything from those.

When I was there in May, they were unloading by tender from the docked ships. I don't think they leave those doors open when they are not actually transferring folks.

ggun,

Being rather curious, I just checked on Cruise Critic. Past cruisers are stating that one ship a day did dock and the cruiser walked off onto the dock.

Someone on their Cozumel board has access to the "official docking list". In general, since it's the International Pier that's open, RCCL ships have priority over the one available spot. If they don't have one due in, Carnival appears to be docking their largest.

tiggy:
ggun,

Being rather curious, I just checked on Cruise Critic. Past cruisers are stating that one ship a day did dock and the cruiser walked off onto the dock.

Someone on their Cozumel board has access to the "official docking list". In general, since it's the International Pier that's open, RCCL ships have priority over the one available spot. If they don't have one due in, Carnival appears to be docking their largest.

It could be that they were doing both. I saw them tendering folks off docked ships when I was there, but they could have had doors open on the other side as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom