Trip Report Trip Report: Cayman Aggressor IV, April 28-May 5, 2018

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Caydiver if Tuesday works that would be good as Menno said he also is available then and I am sure you have others who would like....Send me a private message lets see .

Thanks

PM sent

Neither been to Eden Rock / Devil's Grotto yet, and very curious to try that out too. It's a site that gets great feedback from various online sources, whereas if I ask my friends living and diving on the island to go there for a dive I get a very 'meh' response to it (except when the silversides are in). Need to form my own opinion!

Well, this "online source" (i.e. me) found Devil's Grotto to be the most rewarding non-wreck site on the west end, whereas my reaction to most of the non-wreck sites on the west side was often "meh." I might have seen more marine life at the Devil's Grotto than I did on most of the other non-wreck sites on the west side put together.

Well, this "online source" (i.e. me) found Devil's Grotto to be the most rewarding non-wreck site on the west end, whereas my reaction to most of the non-wreck sites on the west side was often "meh." I might have seen more marine life at the Devil's Grotto than I did on most of the other non-wreck sites on the west side put together.

I think that Devil's Grotto attracts a lot of marine life and it can be a very rewarding dive for that reason, especially when the silversides are in season, but a lot of the old-timer's (like me!) remember Devil's Grotto/Eden's Rock when it was a wonderland - and incredibly beautiful dive site; but the site has gotten beaten up and crowded over the years, especially by all the cruise ship divers - so a lot of us just say "it's not what it used to be!" and we are no longer that eager to dive there. Maybe we will give it another chance the next time we are on GC - but I think that the dive ops charge more and charge for weights at that site, correct? I can go to Macabuca or Coconut Bay and have a great time shore diving for less money - so that's another reason that people say "never mind".

I like Devil's Grotto because I love swim through's and it is loaded with them. Always fun to come around a curve in a swim through and see 8 big tarpon hanging out. I have seen lots of various rays and tons of colorful peacock flounders there as well.
Eden Rock Dive Center charges $12.50 US for tanks and .30 per lb for lead. I believe Sun Divers @ Macabuca costs $15 per tank and no charge for lead. Stingray Wtersports at Coconut Bay is $17.50 per tank including weights.
EDIT: And Sunset House is $15 per tank and $5 per day for weights

Last edited:
I like Devil's Grotto because I love swim through's and it is loaded with them. Always fun to come around a curve in a swim through and see 8 big tarpon hanging out. I have seen lots of various rays and tons of colorful peacock flounders there as well.
Eden Rock Dive Center charges $12.50 US for tanks and .30 per lb for lead. I believe Sun Divers @ Macabuca costs $15 per tank and no charge for lead. Stingray Wtersports at Coconut Bay is $17.50 per tank including weights.
Agreed - love the swim throughs and marine life. It's also a shallow site so we can get relaxed 75+ minute dives there! Just dive it on days when there are no cruise ships in port!

Pardon the overweighted diver in our group kicking up the bottom!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the information on Eden Rock / Devil's Grotto. Need to get there and check it out for myself. Quite curious after hearing so many different opinions on it!

I do Eden Rock /Devils Grotto at least once every trip if the Silversides are in I do it several times.

The Old Go Pro dive OP on the south side which no longer is there had a very similar dive as Devils Grotto if you went left it was like Devild grotto was 30 years ago very good dive.

Thanks FM. This is what I was talking about and it may not be resolved very quickly. It is a major problem at The Sister Islands and CAV while slated to go to the Sisters is supposed to go to the States for a refit first. The mooring situation is an internal issue between CI gov and CA mgmt and I sincerely doubt that anything will be on their website. The news story gave highlights but as always there are interesting guts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom