Trip Report - Moalboal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just came back from Moalboal a few days ago too -- it was beautiful, especially Pescador. But I have to say, the town was DEAD!!! Hardly anyone there... most of the restaurants empty... very very quiet. Thank goodness the diving makes up for the lack of entertainment options :)
sounds like my kind of place right about now.

need some peace and quiet... :D

Thanks for trip report. I was just in Moalboal/Dumaguete/Bohol this Feb for scuba diving as well (12 days total)... had an excellent time in dumaguete (Dauin and Apo Island) and bohol (Panglao and Balicasag)..... But for Moalboal, we picked savedra.com based on the Google searches that came up which turned out to be a bad choice- Poor service and lack of responsibility from the staff and management. Family room was booked instead of a single queen bed room.... charged us an extra night and when we confronted the manager (German).... he simplied said "sorry, there is nothing that i can do"......any traveler shouldn't have to ever hear that....to make a long story short..... i gave him a lecture on customer service and taking responsbility for the actions of his staff... eventually he backed down and gave us a small discount. Not the same kind of "filipino" hospitality that we received in Duma and Bohol. Wish i had known about Kasai beforehand... will def. try Kasai next time. also, try to stay away from the dive shops run by Europeans.... not nearly as friendly as the locals.

FYI... for whale shark sighting.... try DONSOL :) even if its only snorkelling.... guarantee you'll see them.

awesome

i hope to still be diving and active in this way at your age
great write up

Thanks for your detailed trip report; it is very useful. I am planning a trip in late June with my wife and son, and we are probably staying at Kasai.

Incidentally, I also use Ultimate Dive Travel to plan my trips, and they are first-rate. I will tell them about your trip report.

Great report, just the stuff I wanted to hear !!! Will be there mid Oct ! Can't wait to go.

Back
Top Bottom