Trip report: PG, Dauin, Malapascua, Sogod Bay & Anilao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great report Kimi. For my second trip to the Philippines I am thinking of going to Malapascua, Anilao and Dauin so your info is very helpful! Nice to hear that you thought Anilao was as good as Lembeh and Ambon. Guess I won't feel too bad about not going to Indonesia this time! I also loved the pier dive at Sogod Bay. One of my favourite night dives ever.

I am wondering if you have a recommendation of how you would split your time amongst these 3 places? I probably have 3 weeks, but probably split into 1 week and 2 weeks (with Palau in between). I definitely want to see threshers and other than that mostly a lot of muck. I will see the big stuff in Palau. If I do 1 week at Anilao, would I maybe have time to do Malapascua, Dauin and also Sogod Bay in 2 weeks? I wouldn't mind going back to see the whale sharks. :)

By the way - your photos/videos are amazing! Would love to know what camera setup you have.

Hi h20_kat and thanks for your kind comments! 3 weeks in Phils + Palau -wow sounds good!
Do visit Lembeh and Ambon someday, they are amazing also. I´m sure you´ll love Anilao pier night dive as well:)

IMO 1 week on each (Anilao, Malapascua & Dauin) would be good plan. Depends how throughout you like to dive each region, 2 weeks for Malapascua, Dauin and Sogod Bay sounds a bit rush to me, cause you´ll lose few days for travelling to place to place.

I have canon S95 camera and canon case. Great compact camera setup for beginner like me:)

Have a wonderful trip!!

-Kimi

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom