Trip Report: Raja Ampat abord the Indo Siren - Dec 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

THANK YOU! This is a wonderful report. Love the pictures! Just put our deposit down for March 3-13,2013 based on your report. Flying from San Francisco and our travel agent said to fly into Jakarta and out via Bali...does this make sense? Seems like it would make sense to go vie Singapore airlines via Singapore from San Grancisco...

Nice report. See you in march 2013 frantzini. Me and my friends also going that trip 3-13 march. Best regards. Peter from Sweden

Nice report, I assume that red Pygmy is the one in your Flickr album of the trip? If so I think that's a Denise's Pygmy seahorse variant. Love it!and the small wonder pus, still gotta tick that one off!

Yip the DM's on board were pretty certain it was the RA endemic variant of the Denise's Pygmy. And yes it is the pic of the little red pygmy in Flikr. I should have put a little more effort in labeling my pics.
The wonderpus was a whole lot smaller than I thought it would be and unfortunately soon after I found him the other divers hoarded around me with their massive big DSLR rigs, with monster strobes and the poor guy just sat there dazed and confused. Lets say everyone was pretty eager on the first day of diving!

Yes I think it is the raja ampat Denise variant, and I think it is still being decided whether its a separate spp. But certainly for now it is endemic to south RA! Would love to go RA one day!

Great trip report, thanks!!
Convinced me to go ahead with my last minute booking.
Oozing the pain of NY marathon cancellation.
I'm, going to dive Raja Ampat, how cool is that, leaving in four weeks.

:bounce3::bounce3::bounce3::bounce3::bounce3::bounce3::bounce3::bounce3:

I've got to go, need to check out my dive gear

:snorkel2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom