Trip report; Scuba Show, Long Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NO MORE Scuba Show FOR ME!

$9 is not worth looking at some things that you can not buy on the spot. I'd rather search on line for a product find a dealer and buy it that way.

Also, while at the show, I bought a hamburger and it set me off another $7.50 a small soda was about 3.00 , small fries another $3. 00, plus parking was about another $8.00

The only vendor that made the show fun was Sport Chalet, they gave freebies away (gift certificates, regulators, dive lights, etc). Some of the other booths were interesting but not very welcoming.

I also bought a Hawaiian style shirt with scuba divers and sharks, from a vendor for $20 some dollars.

Overall, my opinion on the show is that it was overrated, overpriced, and lacked vendors, sales, and customer service. I could have used the money and time I spent there and gone on a short trip to Catalina.

Mo2vation:
It was great to finally meet you on Sat, Tobin!

---
Ken
I can't believe I missed Tobin's booth! After I left I commented to someone that I was surprised that I didn't see a Deep Sea Supply booth and was told that it was next to the big the shark cage.

I remember meeting Tobin last year and still need to roll by his place which is actually just down the street.

I don't really find the show to be a great one for me personally. I used to like it when it was at the Queen Mary. Much more personality and I think I remember that you used to be able to buy gear there.

For me it was all about being able to meet with some people.

Christian

headhunter:
I remember meeting Tobin last year and still need to roll by his place which is actually just down the street.

Sorry our paths didn't cross. You're welcome anytime, just give me call.

Tobin

The show was ok, but I'd rather see it on the Queen Mary, as well. I went in '90 and had a blast, there was a party with band after, dancing under the wings of the Spruce Goose. Pretty cool.

As far as the food goes, I walked over to Islands and paid $22 for 2 excellent burgers, more fries than we could eat, and bottomless sodas. Lots of resturaunts around the area, I wasn't about to pay for show food.

headhunter:
For me it was all about being able to meet with some people.
Absolutely!

I met Tobin! And saw a bunch of people I had not seen in a long long time. That was the best part of the day.

A friend I was with who didn't know anybody there commented "Do you know everybody???" (-:

Kimber

PhotoTJ:
The show was ok, but I'd rather see it on the Queen Mary, as well. I went in '90 and had a blast, there was a party with band after, dancing under the wings of the Spruce Goose. Pretty cool.

As far as the food goes, I walked over to Islands and paid $22 for 2 excellent burgers, more fries than we could eat, and bottomless sodas. Lots of resturaunts around the area, I wasn't about to pay for show food.

Walked up to Rock Bottom and had drinks and grub with Jaye, and Lexy and Christian and Thomas. It was all good. Show food is no food.

C-man: I can't believe you missed Tobin's big orange booth!! Too funny. It must have been right after you guys left Jaye and I.

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
C-man: I can't believe you missed Tobin's big orange booth!! Too funny. It must have been right after you guys left Jaye and I.

I missed it the first time through as well -- it was kinda overshadowed by the shark cage I think ---

Kimber

TekDiveGirl:
I missed it the first time through as well -- it was kinda overshadowed by the shark cage I think ---

Kimber

Persistence has it's benefits. Nice to meet you too Kimber.

Tobin

TekDiveGirl:

Kimber
I think Kimber is right.

As soon as you got near that cage it just drew your eyes away from everything else around it. It was like a drunk driver being drawn to a flashing light. People were tripping all over each other!

I guess the moral of the story is don't try to walk or pay attention when in the presense of a shark cage. :eyebrow:

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom