Trip report; Scuba Show, Long Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sb_diver:
I just got an e-mail from hollywood divers I won a price from their little scavenger hunt. I get one of those nifty dive boxes on wheels.

So, did you and Christian close Rock Bottom after we left? :eyebrow:

---
Ken

I bought a nitrox analyzer there. Can't understand why I could buy that and someone else couldn't buy a reg.

I bought one of those, too. The nifty yellow and green one, with a free Pelican case?

I was tempted to buy one, and I've already got an OxySPY at home that hasn't even had the sensor installed yet.

Ann Marie:
I bought a nitrox analyzer there. Can't understand why I could buy that and someone else couldn't buy a reg.

Technically you should not have been able to. Who ever sold it was breaking the show contract........

Tobin

Ann Marie:

I just saw your av pic change, and thought to myself, "hmmm... I believe some talented photographer who took a pic of this hottie at Chamber day, and last I looked, said hottie had some profile pic of her in this mega sweater standing on a misty hilltop in Siberia looking like she is freezing...."

So I pop into the profile - just to check out the Siberia pic and... BAM. There's the Chamber Day pic.

You're too funny....

---
Ken

cool_hardware52:
Technically you should not have been able to. Who ever sold it was breaking the show contract........
There must have been a fair amount of that going around. One of the reasons I hit the show was to try on a particular brand of gloves that a friend recommended that aren't stocked by LDS's near me. The mfr had a big rack of them, and was selling them for 1/3 off as a show price. I would've brought one home except they were out of the particular thickness configuration I wanted -- so I checked my fit on a similar one, and ordered from their website the next day.

On the other hand, Halcyon wasn't bending any rules when I stopped by their booth to see if I could score a discounted SMB. If you decide to get into that product line, Tobin, let me know (I came by your booth but you and Al were 'way too busy for me to say hello) ...

Frank O:
There must have been a fair amount of that going around. One of the reasons I hit the show was to try on a particular brand of gloves that a friend recommended that aren't stocked by LDS's near me. The mfr had a big rack of them, and was selling them for 1/3 off as a show price. I would've brought one home except they were out of the particular thickness configuration I wanted -- so I checked my fit on a similar one, and ordered from their website the next day.

On the other hand, Halcyon wasn't bending any rules when I stopped by their booth to see if I could score a discounted SMB. If you decide to get into that product line, Tobin, let me know (I came by your booth but you and Al were 'way too busy for me to say hello) ...

Frank,

Sorry I missed you. Al and I were pretty busy both days. Once we get the RF welder running, this week I hope, many things including SMB's will become possible.

Stop by sometime, just give me a call.

Tobin

I can't believe that I didn't run into the group... I was there both days although due to conflicts in dive buddy Andrea's day we didn't get there until after 2:30 Sat and I had to return alone (while she working on a condo in escrow) Sun after 3:00.

Good to see you, Tobin, and thanks for your help. It was most appreciated. I'll send off a copy of the great white shark DVD as soon as I finish tweaking the narration. Yes, the shark cage did distract slightly from DSS's booth (but I did enjoy talking to the shark folks as well).

Knew the show would be focused on dive travel (as it has increasingly been the past few years). Since I hope to do some over the next 12 months, I gladly took all the fliers on the specials offered. Maybe some day I'll actually get around to looking at those from last year which are still sitting in the plastic bag I gathered them in.

My main reason for going (other than to see a lot of friendly faces) was to promote my "Munching & Mating" DVD. While there weren't as many potential retailers there as I expected, I did make a number of unexpected (and possibly quite productive) contacts. It was worth it to me (but one full day would have been MUCH better than two admissions and two parking fees).

The downer from my foray onto the "Big Island" (as I call mainland soCal)... I had four potential skin cancers removed today and can't dive for another week or so. Stupid me. Do as I say, not as I do- use your sun screen, zinc oxide and hats).

Dr. Bill

drbill:
The downer from my foray onto the "Big Island" (as I call mainland soCal)... I had four potential skin cancers removed today and can't dive for another week or so. Stupid me. Do as I say, not as I do- use your sun screen, zinc oxide and hats).

Dr. Bill

Yikes Dr. Bill ! Hope everything turns out ok!

Back
Top Bottom