Trip to coz in March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DNC

New
Reaction score
My wife and I made our 9 th trip to cozumel during the week of March 6th which to us was one of our better experiences on the Island. A major factor in this experience was the dive operator we dove with Raul Platas, the owner of Bottom Time Diver. He previously worked at Blue XT and Blue Bubble. Raul has been operating since August and he is in the process of establishing one of the best operations on the island. Raul provides a total experience from excellent customer service to a fantastic underwater experience. Since we have been to Cozumel so many times I was of the mind that I had seen most of the underwater species, a wrong assumption on my part. Raul pointed out seahorses, a creature I had not seen before and was suprised at how fragile they seemed to be. He takes utmost care to reinforce the need to be respectful of the reef and it’s ecology. Raul plans the dive based on the diver’ request and experience levels. The fast boat he operates reached the southern dive sites quickly and comfortably with a minimum of pounding. In beween the surface intervals, a site was selected with restrooms. The snacks he provides are fresh fruit, water and baked goods. The fresh fruit provides a natural sweet that is very tasty after breathing compressed air.

The operation provides fleece lined dive coats and dry towels, an outstandingly creature comfort after surfacing on a windy day. In terms of logistics, he will provide you with a cell phone if you are staying at a location that doesn’t have a phone and he keeps your equipment on the boat and rinses it at the end of the day. Take a look at their website http://www.bottomtimedivers.net/ Be patient he is the divemaster as well so it may take him a day or two to get back to you

Thanks for sharing your experience. From what I've read, it sounds like his operation is very similar to Liquid Blue and Blue XT. I'm sure it's just a coincidence that this is your very first post and you are raving about BTD. There seems to be a lot of that going on with this operation, very similar with the DWM spammers we've had on Scubadiving.com Nothing against Raul, surely he is a great divemaster as are many, but these one time post "ads" are getting a little obnoxious.

caribdiver:
Thanks for sharing your experience. From what I've read, it sounds like his operation is very similar to Liquid Blue and Blue XT. I'm sure it's just a coincidence that this is your very first post and you are raving about BTD. There seems to be a lot of that going on with this operation, very similar with the DWM spammers we've had on Scubadiving.com Nothing against Raul, surely he is a great divemaster as are many, but these one time post "ads" are getting a little obnoxious.

:06:
I was just thinking that it may just be that a first time poster finally has something to share worth registering and posting. To assume that this is some kind of spam just because it's a first time post is a bit much... Welcome to Scubaboard DNC :yelclap: I'm glad you enjoyed your recent trip to Coz.

caribdiver:

Surely you are touting Liquid Blue and Blue XT - Why even reference those other dive ops...Whats the point?

Hooked4Life:
Surely you are touting Liquid Blue and Blue XT - Why even reference those other dive ops...Whats the point?

I am not touting either of those ops ,I was making an observation. It has been stated by one of Raul's regular's on more than one occasion that he works closely with those two ops. You can pull up my posts and see that I have never been a cheerleader for any one operation. I have used many operations in Cozumel and own a vacation home there. I am not faulting Raul at all. I lurk a lot more than I post and this was just an observation.

caribdiver:
I am not touting either of those ops ,I was making an observation. It has been stated by one of Raul's regular's on more than one occasion that he works closely with those two ops. You can pull up my posts and see that I have never been a cheerleader for any one operation. I have used many operations in Cozumel and own a vacation home there. I am not faulting Raul at all. I lurk a lot more than I post and this was just an observation.

I could be wrong...but I tend to agree with Caribdiver.
DNC's post is a little suspicious...(9 trips to Cozumel, member since November 2003, 1 rave post). I did not dive with Raul but he has a great reputation. I did dive with BlueXTSea and Christi is great. So...DNC...que pasa ???

How about this, DNC. Tell us all about your trip - the flight, the accommodations, the food, the shore activities - not just about the dive opp. We all appreciate a good trip report and it would be a valuable contribution to this form. Otherwise, some people might discount your post as spam, which would be a shame if all you are trying to do is share your vacation experience.
So, tell us more. Pictures? Because if this turns out to be your one and only ScubaBoard post, well, what are people to think?

Oh, and you might fill out your profile, which as of now is void of any information.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom