Trip to Key Largo/FL Dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thez_yo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
There was a trip to Key Largo my dive buddies put together, so I decided YES! Of course I want to go! In my usual fashion, I decided I wasn't just going to dive Key Largo and putzed around a bit of Florida before heading down. Specifically, this and then hanging out at Marie Selby Botanical Gardens for a day in Sarasota, because who really wants to drive the 7+ hours southward in one go. They've got a nice Koi pond at Marie Selby in any case --

(I didn't dare stick my camera in with them that close because they looked HUNGRY!!)

So then onward with a stop in Miami (what's with the spaghetti roads?) to pick up one of the dive buddies and down to Key Largo. Uneventful trip down once we figured out how to get out of Miami, and then dive time! You know, I think there's an 'underwater' setting to the camera that maybe I didn't have on? I'm not sure - anyways, the colours weren't quite right on some of them so pafindr helped me fix some stuff (thanks!!). The key thing here is that I didn't lose my camera this time - just flooded the un-necessary case :rofl3: Do I get a camera-flooding cert?? (PS I don't know what most of these are..)

I think this was the cutest fish I saw - just stared right up at me in his little tower/divot of corals

I hear some guy went in with his nice shiny ring collection glittering on his fingers, so this is a tribute to him--

Looks like a fun trip. Color gets absorbed with distance through water so shooting horizontal for 50 ft when shallow is the same as being 50 ft down and shooting close. Nice Goddess nudibranch.

Looks like a fun trip. Color gets absorbed with distance through water so shooting horizontal for 50 ft when shallow is the same as being 50 ft down and shooting close. Nice Goddess nudibranch.

Oooh ok. Yeah I'm new to underwater photography so this is still 'training wheels' shots for me. Hopefully I get better :D

A couple of my dive buddies found it - it was pretty big for a nudi! I'm used to the tiny little spanish shawls out here in SoCali.

Looks good. What dive operator did you guys dive with?

Richard.

Horizon -

I had a great time.

I even got my Floaties certification!!!

1979636_10153902130850512_497247778_n.jpg

And Jazz hands Specialty

1743466_10153911511255512_1128668039_n.jpg

It was either the hat or the Little Mermaid floaties that my specialty instructor was wearing.

He looked so precious with those on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom