Trip to Utila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bigwaves

Reaction score
I have decided to go on a trip to Utila and I am looking to stay at Mango Inn. I have never been on a dive trip before and I am getting my certification done right now. I am looking for an all inclusive trip and want to know if Mango Inn and Utila Dive Centre are a good place to go. I don't have my own equipment and would rent a BCD, weights, and dive computer. I chose Mango Inn because it is inexpensive in comparison to other places. Is this the right place to go?

Mango Inn is nice. I've stayed there many times. The island is so small that finding places to eat are easy. My first dive trip was to Utila and I think nothing of heading down without reservations. But, that's me.

A great resource for more info about Utila can be found at www.aboututila.com. Follow the link to the monthly newspaper "The Esat Wind". Download the PDF version. There you will find restuarants, hotels, dive centers, etc. If you have any questions, send Mark, the papers editor and website guru, a note. He responds promptly. Have fun!!

Vaughn

Mango Inn and Utila Dive Centre are the right places to try. They are fun, organised, professioanl, safe and have a great atmosphere. PM me if you would like more info on either place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom