Trip Video, Socorro, November/December 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for sharing that fantastic video. Of course the hammerheads were great, but the clear video of that huge swarm of White Tip Reef sharks was super cool.

Wow, you dive Socoro in a west only? That's hardcore
I was there in March 2021, conditions where super rough and was freezing my ass off in 5mm. Thinking to take my dry suit the next time.
Nice video, thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing that fantastic video. Of course the hammerheads were great, but the clear video of that huge swarm of White Tip Reef sharks was super cool.
Yes. The white tips was a highlight for the trip.

Wow, you dive Socoro in a west only? That's hardcore
I was there in March 2021, conditions where super rough and was freezing my ass off in 5mm. Thinking to take my dry suit the next time.
Nice video, thanks for sharing.
My vest is good to about 23c. Minimum temperature on the trip was about 26c so I was not freezing. But some people were using double layers or 5mil.

March may be colder than November in Socorro.

My vest is good to about 23c. Minimum temperature on the trip was about 26c so I was not freezing. But some people were using double layers or 5mil.

March may be colder than November in Socorro.
Checked my log, temperatures where max. 23c with strong winds which adds to the chill... I guess I'm turning into a bit of a wuss with age, leaning towards the cozy squeeze of a drysuit for the next time.

Nice shots! You even saw Tiger Shark. I saw one in The Boiler, back in January 2021.

Back
Top Bottom