Tropical Depression Lando

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clgsamson

Koya Kap
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
man..this storm is ripping across the visayas.
activetrack.gif

+ Forecast Outlook: 23W (LANDO) is expected to cross Northern Cebu tonight as it may become a Tropical Storm. It shall be crossing Panay Island early tomorrow morning (Nov 20), passing just North of Iloilo City. The 24-hr to 3-day Forecast shows 23W turning Westward upon passing over the Sulu Sea tomorrow afternoon and cross the Northern tip of Palawan tomorrow evening. 23W shall become a well-developed 130 km/hr Typhoon upon reaching the middle part of South China Sea by Thursday afternon, Nov 22...heading Westward towards Vietnam.
+ Effects: 23W's large rain circulation continues to affect and cover the whole area of the Visayas and Mindanao...bringing moderate to heavy rains with winds not exceeding 60 km/hr tonight and tomorrow..becoming more intense along Samar, Leyte, Cebu, Northern Negros, Masbate & Panay. Meanwhile, the Bicol Region remains under the outer rainbands of this depression. People living around the slopes of Mayon Volcano in Albay & of Bulusan Volcano in Sorsogon - especially along the areas where possible LAHAR FLOWS (mixture of volcanic mud and water) are located - must stay alert as moderate to heavy rains w/ some strong winds associated by this disturbance are likely to prevail today until tomorrow.

Maybe someone can refresh my memory, what year was it when the typhoon came ripping through Cebu, and directly across Mactan Island, I think a ship broke loose from it's mooring and hit the bridge, and that was the old bridge back then. Testing my memory, as I think I was up north then. 1992 or '93?

Super typhoon Ruping (International Code name Mike). Nov 10-14, 1990. 220kph . 748 deaths.

waaaa! it missed me in palawan. but i still got drenched on the boat while i was there. grrrr!

We went through the SUPER TYPHOON last year in PG.....I NO LIKEE....NO MORE PLEASE!!!

Back
Top Bottom