Here comes Tropical Storm Paula - Wednesday hurricane landing possible

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We arrive on Saturday morning, so hopefully this will not be a big problem for us. Doesn't look like it though. :fingerscrossed:

Hope everyone on the island holds up! See you all in a few days!:cool2:

With only two gas stations, I bet those lines are bad. Mega will have a big day too.

3 Gas stations now, and the lines are bad at all 3, at least an hour or more. Island is in full-throttle panic mode, people boarding up, supermarkets were empty at 7am, but now are full, still have 2 cruise ships in port.

I think we're in for a near miss, and being a smaller storm, we should come through it OK...

:mooner: @ Paula

2 cruise ships in port: A few thousand pop people are going to be ill tomorrow.

If this turns east and back into the Caribbean...??? It could do a Mitch? Or a Keith?

If this turns east and back into the Caribbean...??? It could do a Mitch? Or a Keith?
Well, based on history of similar storms... :idk:
at201018_climo.gif

3 Gas stations now, and the lines are bad at all 3, at least an hour or more. Island is in full-throttle panic mode, people boarding up, supermarkets were empty at 7am, but now are full, still have 2 cruise ships in port.

I think we're in for a near miss, and being a smaller storm, we should come through it OK...

:mooner: @ Paula

Just got back from Mega, no long lines, the bakery is not baking much stuff so slelction is a bit sparce. I got eerything we neded!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom