Trouble getting fins on

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

if you are embarassed to ask your buddy to help with fins, what will you do if you forgot to connect your crotch strap????? :blush:

Need help with a problem that might get me to stop cold water diving. I have a drysuit, only about 5 dives on it, having a lot of trouble getting my fins on. Can seem to bend my leg far enough to get the fin started. I have spring straps and even added some rope to extend the handle. Does not help. Any hints or suggestions? Most of my dives are shore dives, usually go out far enough to relax in the BCD but still unable.
Thanks
I had the exact same trouble. It turned out that my undergarment crotch was too low. I got a different undergarment, made of polar stretch fleece (sofwear by Janice, 30og) instead of thinsulate that I had before. Life is so much better now!

You will probably limber up and/or get more skill in time. You can also try standing on the fin with the other foot while you ram your foot into the fin, that way you get the fin on your foot & you just need to get the strap into place. Spring straps are a big help, maybe you could also adjust the to be a wee bit loose.

You may find that one leg is distinctly more difficult than the other. If you can ID that this is true, remember to always get that fin on or off first. I always regret it when I fail to do this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom